WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going on a trip to Korea in April 2011.
Seiko have a factory there I believe,so would be cheaper I assume?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anyone please?

Cheaper to buy on-line or Korea guys?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi sjb, I'm not from Korea but have traveled there quite a bit for work. I even lived there for 5 months in 2009. From my experience, you're better off buying online.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
BY ALL MEANS BUY ONLINE...Or at least in any other Asian country. I've lived in Seoul for about 4 years and have completely given up on buying watches here, especially Seikos. They sell plenty of them here, just ridiculously overpriced. An SRP043 will run you almost 200-300 dollars more than online. A sumo will be anywhere from about 200-400 dollars more expensive (they sell for about 900,000 Korean won in stores that have them, converted to the dollar that's about $800). Monsters sell for 300,000-400,000 korean won, which is $310...Sorry if I sound angry, but I am. I like seikos, a lot even, just not enough to pay almost 50% more in some cases.

However for some reason Glycine and Epos models are a little cheaper here...

If you really feel like getting something tho, I recommend checking out duty free in the airport, maybe not the best deals but definitely more reasonable than regular retailers here...In duty free an SRP043 (spork / tuxedo / kamikaze diver) will be about 350,000 - 400,000 won, around $310-400...

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys,I will have a look in duty free shop I think.

Are there any 2nd hand watches in the markets etc?

·
Registered
20,739 Posts
Buy whatever you want as watches, but don't forget the kimchi :p

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
There is a pretty interesting vintage watch shop in the "Insadong" area, right half way down the main street, your hotel should be able to direct you to it, not too hard to find. Other wise used watches aren't all that easy to find, and if you do they are over priced. Once found a used Orange Monster, and the dingleberry wanted about $230 for it, I about died laughing after I was told the price...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts