WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, I had a Omega Planet Ocean which I loved, but I kept fearing the polished case back would get beat up and scratched a lot where I work.

So..I am looking for a chronograph..I love the Damasko DC56 and DC66 but cant seem to find any used, not a huge fan of the SINN models. The Fortis B42-Flieger is also very nice. Could anyone recommend something around 42mm in size (I have a 6.5" wrist) that would be a nice fit and could take some abuse? I am looking for a watch I can wear every day that is obnoxiously thick, can dress up or dress down, and something that has a good automatic movement that isnt going to break in a year.

I'd prefer to pickup 2nd hand, my budget is $1500 and I do not want to wait 3-4 months to get it. Prefer something that is good on a leather or rubber strap.

Any help/pictures would be great! Thanks all!

·
Registered
994 Posts
Alright, I had a Omega Planet Ocean which I loved, but I kept fearing the polished case back would get beat up and scratched a lot where I work.

So..I am looking for a chronograph..I love the Damasko DC56 and DC66 but cant seem to find any used, not a huge fan of the SINN models. The Fortis B42-Flieger is also very nice. Could anyone recommend something around 42mm in size (I have a 6.5" wrist) that would be a nice fit and could take some abuse? I am looking for a watch I can wear every day that is obnoxiously thick, can dress up or dress down, and something that has a good automatic movement that isnt going to break in a year.

I'd prefer to pickup 2nd hand, my budget is $1500 and I do not want to wait 3-4 months to get it. Prefer something that is good on a leather or rubber strap.

Any help/pictures would be great! Thanks all!
Fortis is an excellent choice. personally, I prefer the classic stick hands of the B-42 Pilot Pro Chrono:mine is the GMT version which would be a little more expensive than you wan to pay, but I think you you can get the non-GMT version for the price you mention. It's a very clear display, and the AR coating is so good the crystal is practically invisible.
In my view, the non-bezel Pilot Pro looks better than the Cosmonaut with the bezel - like the Dc56 vs the DC66.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Could I bug you for some wrist or shots with the strap on? Thanks!
Sure - here are a few with the strap. It's an OEM Fortis rubber strap with butterfly deployant, currently cut to about 7.75" - I have a 7.5" wrist, and it's stretchy enough that it's comfortable on the wrist, but also on the outside of flying suit and gloves...

...and another couple without...(looks pretty good from both sides!)

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
I'll second vote for the Fortis Pilot Professional Chronograph.

I have the simpler day / date version and can't fault quality or durability. The above is available on strap or bracelet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts