WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
81 - 86 of 86 Posts

· Registered
626 Posts
I have the cocktail time, and I will say it's an incredibly nice watch for the money. I had it up on the auction site partially to downsize my collection in light of another incoming watch.

When it didn't sell, I found myself actually very relieved because I knew that I valued it more than I had it up for. Now it's back in the rotation. It won't get a ton of wrist time (but that's not really fare because it is much less than the ones who get more time), but when the mood strikes, I am very happy to have it on my wrist.

My only complaint, and I think it's a fairly common one is that it can be a little hard to read in certainly light if the hands and dial are reflecting light. The crystal annoyed me at first, but I actually have come to like it. It gives the watch a great warmth that sapphire crystals just don't have. I am happy that I still have the Cocktail time, and for the prices that you can get a second hand one, I think it's a no brainer if you are looking for that type of watch. Personally, it couldn't be my daily wearer, but I could see wearing it 2-3 times per week. If you do get one, I got the Hirsch Grand Duke in the blue leather and added a deployant clasp from RHD. I like it much better than the stock strap, which is way too shiny for me.

· Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
Calwatchguy, thank you for sharing your thoughts. The Cocktail time is next on my list. I am looking for a second hand but not easy as I am in the UK and most of them coming up on the sales forum are in the US. When you add additional shipping costs & paypal fees it takes you almost to the price of a new one. If I don't find a used one I will buy a new one. My purchase has been delayed because I fell in love with a discontinued Stowa and so when it came up for sale I had to pull the trigger. I agree with you that the sarb065 will probably not be my daily watch but I work in a business casual environment so I am sure I would be able to wear it 2-3 days/week. I can see from you last post and from other shared photos that it can be dressed down with different straps to a certain degree although I have to admit that I quite like the look of the original strap. It was the Cocktail time which brought me to WUS as I read fellow WUS member Skywatch's review and so I think it would be nice to get it hopefully by the end of this year.

· Registered
7,723 Posts

The grey perlon inspired a strap change. Love it on the blue perlon. It's an Eulit strap in case anyone is curious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Lookin' Good

81 - 86 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.