WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two watches, a Rolex Sub which I wear daily, and an Omega Aqua Terra 2503.3 that I haven't worn in a while

I originally got the AT as an exchange for a Speedy pro which had a hand reset issue that I later discovered was normal, also I had an issue with two sports pieces.

Now having not worn it in a while, and having seen the price on the secondary market strengthen I have started to give more thought to moving it on to acquire something else.

Here is what I currently have:

I have it narrowed down to the following:

1. a Steel Datejust with either a silver or white dial:

4385B-Rolex.JPG

2. Tudor Heritage Chronograph

tudor-heritage-chrono-blue-03.jpg

3. Tudor Blue Bay (after Basel if they update to new in house movement)

4. Omega Speedmaster Pro

In all honesty I am more drawn to the Datejust or the Speedmaster, to me they are true classics, between them I feel the Datejust would give me more variety but the Speedy has always been a favorite of mine

The two Tudors seem nice and I like the heritage chrono but I fear I am considering them because they are more affordable.

I liked the Aqua Terra but it was never a first choice, and I am still not a huge fan of the pointer.

Any thoughts or opinions would be great thanks

·
Registered
6,640 Posts
For me its the speedy or dj, i love both watches. I have multiple speedy in the past and i will always keep one in the collection. For its price, its a steal in term of the history and importance.

And for the DJ, i purchased my milgauss because of it, my dad been rocking a TT DJ for years, that for me is the rolex(more so than the sub). I love everything about it and its a work horse of a dressy watch. It replaces the AT with more character and class in my honest opinion.

The BB is nice but i know i will never get much wrist time compare to the sub.

The monte carlo inspired HTC just a tad too busy for me.

Sent from my fax machine using Tapatalk

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dj1 or Speedy. The speedy is a very versatile watch. Works as a daily but also dresses up well and flys under the radar of most non wus.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'd say make your mind up before pulling the trigger on any of these watches. They are completely different from each other, which gives me the impression that you're unsure what you are exactly looking for. On the other hand, you can't go really wrong with any of these. ;)

·
Registered
3,980 Posts
You already have Sub, add Speedy and you'll get two watches that MATTERS, with tremendous history and watchmaking glory.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
This 36mm DJ is a gem of a watch. I almost pulled the trigger on one with smooth bezel + jubilee bracelet but just like you, i think i'll wait until Basel 2016 and see if Rolex release a 39-40mm with the new 3235 movement.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all, my other choice would be to sell the two I have and upgrade to either a non date Sub with ceramic or a date sub with ceramic but my watch has some sentimental value attached to it so that is a tough sell for me.

I am not looking to do anything until my birthday which is next year but it typically takes me at least that long to sort things out.

·
Moderator Public Forum
10,684 Posts
Many great responses already. I shall keep it objective, though, I fancy the Speedmaster to bits. But the DJ may be easier to own and wear VS the manual wind Speedy. And if there is any doubt at all, I say go with the Rolex. One must REALLY want the Speedy, else usually it gets moved on. The bug is real, but the want cannot be instilled or inspired by another. It must come from within.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Thanks all, also I find myself more drawn to the white dial datejust vs the silver, maybe it is because I started out with a silver stick datejust or my wife has a roman white datejust, the silver is nice but the white seems to pop.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
I really like the DJ with a blue dial and domed bezel. I own and love the Speedy, but the DJ just seems like a better all-a-rounder. I wouldnt flip your current Sub. It's a classic.

·
Registered
3,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks, I used to have a domed bezel on an oyster, but the older bracelet. For some reason always seeing the images of the historical figures wearing the jubilee gets to me, just love that style, and for me the jubilee goes best with the fluted bezel.

As for the Sub I doubt I would ever sell it, but I do find myself liking the blue GMT or the non date sub for some reason alot lately.

·
Registered
796 Posts
The dj with light dial will complement ur sub. Great combo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
You cannot gomwrong with a speedy pro or a Datejust. Those two are far above the other two choices if it were me.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts