WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Tudor Black Bay 36, Casio G-Shock (GW-M5610)
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have an Orient Mako (with the blue dial) that has stopped working. I can shake and shake the watch and it will not start running. I even tried to just wearing it for a coupe days and it still does not run. It has been like this for a few years but when it had stopped running I was already wearing it less because I had become more interested in other watches in my collection. I know I am slightly in the minority but I just really don't care for divers. So I just put it in its box and into my closet. The other week I took it out cause I want to do something with it and not just have it sit in my closet for another 3 years.

So now my dilemna is do I try and figure out why it stopped working and get it fixed before I sell it, or do I sell it as a project watch that is not running. Other than not running (which is the biggest factor in a watch I know) the watch head is in excellent shape and the crystal is perfect and clean. The bracelet clasp is the only part of the watch that has some wear and it is pretty standard.

I have gone back and forth on whether to just sell it as is or fix it first and then sell it.

What would you do?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Considering the Mako is $150 new. It may not be worth fixing it and then selling it

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Sell it as a project watch, part it out (How is the bracelet?), or toss it.

·
Registered
9,480 Posts
It wouldn't be worth getting it fixed just to sell. It is a fairly inexpensive watch anyway, so just put it out onto the Bay as being for spares & repairs only.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts