WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am new to the forum so pardon my ignorance if any. I don't have much experience buying watches - the only decent watch I ever bought was a Tissot Le Locle T41.1.483.53 from Macys which is nice and I do wear it everyday.

Now I am interested in getting something a little fancier than which is little less formal but it doesn't really have to be a sports chronograph either and I have a budget of approximately $400. I would like my new watch to be a balance between quality and good looks and it doesn't hurt if it is a little unusual in some way.

Currently the Modern Fliegeruhr by Praesto has caught my fancy but I would like to understand better as to what I am getting into. Basically what is it that I should look for technology wise which would make the watch worth while for the long run ? Yes I do know looks are important but I wont get to see it for sometime and I will decide on the looks when I see first hand.

http://www.praestowatch.com/home/2009/07/25/modern-fliegeruhr-aviator/

For your reference these are the things which are being mentioned about the watch - I don't know whether I should know something more about it.

- 316L stainless steel case, PVD black case, 44mm in diameter (excluding lugs)
- Japanese automatic movementt, Miyota 8245, with small second at 5 O’clock position
- Scratch resistant sapphire crystal with AR coating underside
- SuperLuminova on the dial and hands
- Screw-down crown
- 20 ATM

Frankly the only I could decide on was that PVD is better than beadblasted. I believe the movement is new and doesn't have much of a history to be commented on. I believe the sapphire crystals are better for watches. Ofcourse I could be wrong about all that and I have no idea what is the significance of SuperLuminova or screw down crown.

Beyond this what else could I get for that kind of money which would be considered nice and not just looks wise ?

- Mithun

1 - 1 of 1 Posts