WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I'll be deployed to Taiwan for 3 weeks for some military training starting this Friday. During this 3 weeks, we'll have 3 days of tour and trips around Taipei area.

Can anyone here tell me what to look out for at Taipei? Any G-Shock specialty shops to recommend? What special G-Shocks are on sale there? Any Multi band Watches over there?

Many thanks! :-!

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
I think there are some members here from Taiwan who can help. I remember one of the good places to shop for G-Shocks is XiMenDing. You might want to check that out. :)

Have a safe trip! :-!

Don't forget to try the Taiwanese beef noodles, great stuff!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
I've worked there for 3 years and i miss the place! Try out their chow fan, chow mein, and dumplings they're the best :-!

I wasn't that much interested in Gs that time so i have no idea where to look for. Sorry :-s

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Also make sure you check out the Taipei 101 (tallest building on Earth still? or #2 now?) :-!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
What to look for? GIRLS!!! haha:p

JUST KIDDING, dont tell my GF

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha, thanks for the input guys. :-! :)

Actually, I don't know if I want to get a G there, or save up for my Flying Squirrel Riseman, or MIRB Frogman..

Decisions decisions... :think:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
371 Posts
WELLCOME ~
YOU CAME FROM SINGAPORE ...
YOU CAN READ CHINESE , RIGHT ?

1.CASIO TAIWAN : 台北市中正區忠孝東路二段35號 many new watches can see , BUT almost no discount ...http://www.casio.com.tw/support/where_to_buy/

2. Xi Men Ding (西門町): near taipei main station ... Xi Men Ding MEANS A AREA AND MANY WATCH STORES , ONE OF STORES 金響:台北市漢口街二段四十一之二號 WILL BE THE BEST ( MANY CLASSIC OLD SCHOOL G ) OR GO TO 萬年大樓 ...GOOD PRICE...

3. 板橋.....MAYBE NOT CONVENIENT FOR YOU ...

I HOPE THESE MASAGES CAN DO SOMETHING FOR YOU ...

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
WELLCOME ~

1.CASIO TAIWAN : 台北市中正區忠孝東路二段35號 many new watches can see , BUT expensive ...http://www.casio.com.tw/support/where_to_buy/

2. Xi Men Ding (西門町): IT MEANS A AREA AND MANY WATCH STORES , ONE OF STORES 金響:台北市漢口街二段四十一之二號 WILL BE THE BEST ( MANY CLASSIC OLD SCHOOL G ) OR GO TO 萬年大樓 ...GOOD PRICE...

Hey thanks! Sorry but my Chinese is really BAD, couldn't understand most of it, but I can speak Chinese. I will try to figure out what you've posted!

·
Registered
53 Posts
WELLCOME ~

1.CASIO TAIWAN : 台北市中正區忠孝東路二段35號 many new watches can see , BUT almost no discount ...http://www.casio.com.tw/support/where_to_buy/

2. Xi Men Ding (西門町): near taipei main station ... Xi Men Ding MEANS A AREA AND MANY WATCH STORES , ONE OF STORES 金響:台北市漢口街二段四十一之二號 WILL BE THE BEST ( MANY CLASSIC OLD SCHOOL G ) OR GO TO 萬年大樓 ...GOOD PRICE...

I HOPE THESE MASAGES CAN DO SOMETHING FOR YOU ...
hi Tiger2 bro!

like to check where is 萬年大樓?
i am heading to Taiwan soon as well..:-d

·
Registered
226 Posts
I wished I was already into G-Shock by the time I visited Taipei Xi Men Ding last June. :-(

I remember I was in Rainbow Hotel one of the nights relaxing after a long day's walk, and I felt tremors lol.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Guys, I'M BACK from Taiwan! Touched down on Saturday, than busy with personal and family stuff. That is why I only started posting today.

Alright, come straight to the point. I got a G from one of the stores called "Hi You", in Xi Men Ding. The shop is facing directly the train station exit. The place is really big, and I got lost a couple of times already so this is the only watch shop I could find that sell unique Gs around. Other stores don't seem to sell unique Gs, though.

This will be my Grail G, for now. Reason? A Multi Band G in Singapore IS A RARE SIGHT! So let my new GW 9100 say "Hi" from Singapore!

Here are some shots, as usual.

Standard shot

Wrist Shot

My 2 Gulfman together, the standard and Atomic version.

Lastly, the famous different turtle shot from the back!

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The damage was major, but I still had reserves to keep me going. Was all planned! ;-)

·
Registered
35,399 Posts
Guys, I'M BACK from Taiwan! Touched down on Saturday, than busy with personal and family stuff. That is why I only started posting today.

Alright, come straight to the point. I got a G from one of the stores called "Hi You", in Xi Men Ding. The shop is facing directly the train station exit. The place is really big, and I got lost a couple of times already so this is the only watch shop I could find that sell unique Gs around. Other stores don't seem to sell unique Gs, though.

This will be my Grail G, for now. Reason? A Multi Band G in Singapore IS A RARE SIGHT! So let my new GW 9100 say "Hi" from Singapore!

Here are some shots, as usual.

Standard shot

Wrist Shot

My 2 Gulfman together, the standard and Atomic version.

Lastly, the famous different turtle shot from the back!

Hey Roy, welcome back. And great to hear that you had a good time in Taipei! Any other pictures from your trip?

Congratulations on that great new Gulfman - looking good!

So where is this "Hi You" shop in Ximending? Is it close to the subway station?

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey Roy, welcome back. And great to hear that you had a good time in Taipei! Any other pictures from your trip?

Congratulations on that great new Gulfman - looking good!

So where is this "Hi You" shop in Ximending? Is it close to the subway station?

Nope, no other pictures. Camera ain't allowed in military camps. I don't like the hassle of surrendering our camera to them during training, than get it back once its over.

And yes, the "Hi You" shop is really near the "Xi Men" subway station. Get off the station, cross the road, you'll see this really big Baby-G poster. Thats it. I might have some pictures taken from a friend's disposable camera. Still waiting for him to develop it. :-!

Taipei Transit map

http://www.trtc.com.tw/e/service.asp?catid=%E4%B9%98%E8%BB%8A%E6%8C%87%E5%8D%97&small=%E8%B7%AF%E7%B7%9A%E5%9C%96%E6%9A%A8%E8%BB%8A%E7%AB%99%E8%B3%87%E8%A8%8A

·
Registered
13,279 Posts
Welcome back! Did you have fun?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts