WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So next weekend, my boss is getting married and I'm invited to the wedding as his best man. Now it's obviously a formal thing and I intend to wear a watch. Problem is I don't own a dress watch. All I have are a bunch of G-Shocks, a Casio Edifice, a Casio MDV102, a cheapo Casio analog, and a vintage Seiko watch (my closest thing to a dress watch). Of the two I'm considering on wearing, which would go best with a suit (the Edifice will be worn on a bracelet, the rubber is the only pic I have on my photobucket and I don't feel like uploading another).
Edifice.jpg
IMG_2285.jpg

·
Registered
111 Posts
If you can, get a nice leather strap for the Edifice. The leather could give you a more formal look. Good luck!

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
The vintage Seiko of course.

Or, you could use this occation to get another watch. You do not have to spend loads of cash, Swatch make some nice models.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Either would look good. Try them on with your suit on the day and go with your gut. No bad choices there...

Reactions: Uber

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies guys, I'm leaning more toward the Seiko, but as alphaboy said, that Edifice would look great on leather. Guess I'll just have to see what looks best the day of as OrangeSport said.

·
Registered
328 Posts
It may be considered sacrilegious, but you could not wear a watch as well if you feel none of your options really works.

Of the options before us, I would prefer the Seiko. It's discreet and vintage wins you leeway and style points.

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
It may be considered sacrilegious, but you could not wear a watch as well if you feel none of your options really works.

Of the options before us, I would prefer the Seiko. It's discreet and vintage wins you leeway and style points.
+1...if you don't have one that really fits...then just don't wear one at all. Better to not wear a watch rather than wear the wrong watch.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
The Seiko. The simpler the better in this situation. Or like others have said, you could pick out something new. The Edifice is not appropriate in this situation, IMO.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
It's a wedding. Best to go with a dress watch or the one you own that looks most like a dress watch. I'd go with the Seiko that you mentioned.

·
Registered
2,232 Posts
Neither of those are good for formal dress. Get something else or skip the watch.

You could go used. I got a really nice vintage Omega for under $200. I love it and wish I had more opportunities to wear it.

Also, we have a 'formal attire' sticky-thread that may be a good place to ask.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,805 Posts
Your vintage Seiko will work just fine. The focus will be on bride and groom so dress in a nice suit, don't worry about what is on your wrist because no one else will, have fun and celebrate the wedding. I see no reason to buy a watch for a wedding.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts