WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 40 of 51 Posts

· Registered
560 Posts
And yet another Master Ultra-Thin Moon Phase in rose gold.

And while I do love it, frankly it doesn't seem "ultra" thin to me. Thin, yes. Very thin even. But "ultra" thin? Nah.

Watch Brown Analog watch Watch accessory Clock
Watch Analog watch Rectangle Gadget Clock

· Registered
486 Posts
For me, it was the Polaris Mariner Date featured on the front cover of the watchtime magazine cover early last year. It was just one of those wow moments and I recall thinking at the time that if I had to just have a one watch collection then that would be the one.

Nothing happened for several months until I was in London last September when I got to see one in the JLC boutique and after a conversation with the sales assistant, a plan was hatched to get one. The sale of a Rolex and Omega to pay for it and the work of the brilliant sales assistant and in October, I'd got one.

Watch Analog watch Clock Font Watch accessory

158 Posts
For me it's a moment between the Jaeger-Lecoultre Master Geography Power Reserve 142.8.92.S and the Ultra Thin Moon Perpetual Calendar (both preferably in black). One day....

· Registered
247 Posts
For me it was the reverso duo in rose gold. Couldn’t pull the trigger — just seemed like too much a premium for the watch, and I ended up getting a Lange instead. But I really loved the reverso when I saw it.

In the end I got a reverso a bit later, as the itch was there: a tribute duo. It actually was my second JLC, ironically, with a Polaris being the first. I “love” both more than that rose gold reverso duo, but that one I never got was the first one I loved and got me super interested in JLCs.

· Registered
17,040 Posts
Grand Reverso Ultra Thin TT '31 . . .

Cloud Sky Water Azure Wood

· Premium Member
4,987 Posts
I couldn't afford this when it was released. I find them used, but I've moved on....

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Rectangle

Reactions: 54B

· Premium Member
24 Posts
Watch Brown Analog watch White Light

JLC Master Control Calendar in 18K rose gold. It was more than I wanted to spend, so I bought the stainless steel JLC reference Q1558420 instead, which I ended up trading because it was difficult to read the time: there is little contrast between the white gold hands and the silver dial, a malady common among many of JLC's stainless steel, silver dial references.

· Registered
6 Posts
OK God's honest truth, and you can laugh if you want. The first JLC I coveted was a result of watching the first Doctor Strange movie. As you all know, Benedict Cumberbatch has a seriously cool collection of watches in the movie. But it was the JLC Master Ultra-Thin Perpetual in white, that really caught my eye. And then as I started to read about JLC's history and its place in horology, the brand started to peak my interest.

Many of the JLC watches are not well-known to the general public, which I find to be a huge bonus, since I live in an area where folks have been robbed for their Rolexes. It's gotten to the point that I don't wear mine, which is a shame. Now maybe the "Doctor Strange Watch" may be too noticeable, but I've grown to like some of the "less pricey" models such as the Master Control Geographic and MC Calendar.

· Premium Member
1,153 Posts
For me, it was the Master Control Hometime - the original one with the asymmetric dial. Here's a really bad picture of it taken years ago:

Watch Analog watch Clock Material property Watch accessory

I was in holiday in Australia and planning to buy either an IWC or Tag Carrera. A sales assistant showed be the Hometime, which was about the same price as the IWC, and suggested that if I might like watches more in the future I'd probably appreciate this one. He was right. It was a fabulous watch and I particularly liked how the second hour hand could be hidden.

· Premium Member
2,844 Posts
And yet another Master Ultra-Thin Moon Phase in rose gold.

And while I do love it, frankly it doesn't seem "ultra" thin to me. Thin, yes. Very thin even. But "ultra" thin? Nah.

View attachment 16650370 View attachment 16650375
The MUT Moonphase was also what brought me into the brand (although I preferred the black dial and steel ref.).

At one point I had 5 JLC in the collection. Now currently sitting at 0.:confused:

· Registered
71 Posts
This one for me. Missed out on it at the ADs. They were sold out before I decided I had to have it. Was lucky to find one gently pre-owned and still under retail at the time.

This one! The prices on these have soared recently as the world has realized what a great piece this is.

I am envious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
560 Posts
The MUT Moonphase was also what brought me into the brand (although I preferred the black dial and steel ref.).

At one point I had 5 JLC in the collection. Now currently sitting at 0.:confused:
Yeah, same here. I ended up flipping the JLC MUT Moonphase. As much as I loved that watch, there were a couple of issues that I just couldn't get around.

At 39 mm, it was the smallest watch in my collection. No big deal but it meant that the moon phase aperture was also small, making it harder to see the moon and stars. The date ring around the moon phase was so small that I couldn't read the dates without bringing it really close to my face. It was a really pretty watch, but I decided to move on because...

I came across an Arnold & Son HM Perpetual Moon. At 42 mm, it was only 3 mm larger than the JLC, but more more importantly the moon phase aperture is much larger as it takes up nearly the entire upper half of the dial. You can see the moon from across the room. It's also a manual wind, which I prefer. Like the JLC, the A&S is a very fine watch, so I decided to trade in the JLC and some cash for the A&S, which works very well for me.

I'll be back for another JLC at some point, I'm sure.

Reactions: Stchambe

· Premium Member
2,045 Posts
For me, it was the Master Control Hometime - the original one with the asymmetric dial. Here's a really bad picture of it taken years ago:

View attachment 16945073

I was in holiday in Australia and planning to buy either an IWC or Tag Carrera. A sales assistant showed be the Hometime, which was about the same price as the IWC, and suggested that if I might like watches more in the future I'd probably appreciate this one. He was right. It was a fabulous watch and I particularly liked how the second hour hand could be hidden.
Beautiful! I like this model so much better than the more recent one with 9 as the only number on the dial.

I think I will try and find one as my travel watch.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 51 Posts