WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
A very similar watch is shown on page 222 of A Journey Through Time. The description states “Omega Automatic Railroad Official Standard, 1963.” It is identified as having a calibre 552 movement and a white lacquered dial. The description states it was developed for North American railroad companies. The watch is not identified as being part of the Seamaster line. It is shown on the same page as various Railmaster models.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its hard to find info on this particular watch online!...I read something about a lawsuit by Ball Watches which led to very short production of these railroad watches. Anyways the one on ebay was a 600 caliber, ref 135.005, I wonder if that would also be correct. Hey Kyle! Nice website/collection you have......E.F thanks for the info. I found a parragraph in the omega website that states:

"1963 Official Watch of the Canadian Pacific railways"

"OMEGA developed its automatic "Railroad Official Standard" model specially for the Canadian Pacific company. Its stainless-steel case housed the calibre 552 movement and had a white lacquer dial with easily legible Arabic numerals and minute circle."

Thanks for the input guys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts