WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Simple...What was your first G-Shock. You could have bought it yourself, received it as a gift, got a hand-me-down, stolen it...hehe (j/k) Whatever the case may be, please show us with a PICTURE! If you don't have it anymore, or it's not handy, just grab a stock photo a search engine.
Here's mine (Christmas gift, but I picked it out)
1stG.jpg

·
Registered
9,736 Posts
Old 5600, bought new in 1989 and sold (for more than what I paid) in 2007. I had used up 3 bands, 5 batteries in that time and the watch traveled with me all over the world. I paid $35 for it originally, in 1989 and it was made in Japan.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The venerable DW-5600E.

Pretty sure I had picked my first one up at Wally world years back. I've gone through a few of these as I've either misplaced one or given one away.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Here's my first I bought for myself way back in 97 a DW-003 G-MIX I was 3rd in the queue for opening time on the day of release, Been through many straps and batteries and was my watch of choice until the seal failed around one of the buttons last year while swimming and has taken me since then to find a replacement which I got from a woman that found it in the back of a drawer after her hubby left, she told me he wore it for a week or 2 before throwing it in there as it was too loud lol which I can believe as it is in as new condition.
IMAG0129.jpg

·
Registered
12,020 Posts
My G number one, in more ways than one, the venerable G7710, here counting down a Tabata interval with its nifty flashing lights, repeatable twin timers. A flagship G for sure.

·
Registered
192 Posts
GW5600J

Went looking for what I pictured in my head as a DW5600E, but realized the same style came with solar and sync and was way nicer looking then the 5600E- to me anyway. It looked much better- I love the softer look of the 5600J over the newest 5600 solar/sync models, it still holds up big time

Still gets lots of wrist time. Got it on today.

IMG00383-20120718-0849.jpg

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My first G-shock my father gave it to me, as a gift from a trip that he made with my mom's to London...

So He brought me a Grey DW-003 it was beautiful, I don't know what have happened to that watch since then I know I have a lot of photos wearing it but no sight of the watch If I only could find one I will buy it ASAP

Just to remember how it was my first G-shock back in the days... ;)

2713193034_90085fb7f7.jpg

I always wondered if sjors got one of those... ;)

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
My first was THE first G-Shock - my DW-5000 purchased new in Tokyo in 1983:

After I dug it out of the equipment bag it had been stuck in for years, and put a new band and bezel on it:

It's not the oldest one on the forum, but it's close. ;-)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
My first was THE first G-Shock - my DW-5000 purchased new in Tokyo in 1983:

After I dug it out of the equipment bag it had been stuck in for years, and put a new band and bezel on it:

It's not the oldest one on the forum, but it's close. ;-)
My oldest watch is a DW-001J-1 from 1994.... That DW-5000 it's almost of my age... ;)

I'm Curious who's got the Oldest Watches...

DW-001J-1.jpg

·
Registered
671 Posts
Bought this 6900 in May of 2005 and wore it to school until early 2011. Only the strap died on me so I had to change it. A very bright blue illumination which puts all my other G-Shocks (solar and non-solar) to shame.

Reactions: 1onehandwill

·
Registered
271 Posts
My first G was a DW5000 back in the mid-80's when I was in high school. Had it for several years but eventually lost it around '92-93ish. It wasn't until about 2010 that I purchased my 2nd G, a DW6900 followed quickly by a DW5600. I bought the 5600 because it brought back fond memories of my 5000.

·
Registered
221 Posts
DW 9000

Bought it from SCHUH (a shoe store in the UK) around 1998. Pic not mine. Got lost on a drunken camping trip a short time later. Next G was a Baby G! A girl's watch. I was a skater boy in those years so I could get away with that sort of thing then ;) (Current beater - GW 4000D)

1 - 20 of 69 Posts