WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I speak for a lot of people when say that there are some brands that are just too overpopulated and get over hyped. For me that brand(s) would be the the Rolex and Tag, but don't get me wrong they're two great iconic brands, but sometimes I feel like it gets tiring hearing about them over and over. So what brand(s) are you guys kind of getting tired of?

·
Registered
39,445 Posts
While working in a watch store, I didn't get tired of any brand that I was selling on a roll, but Bell & Ross is getting
a bit old.

·
Banned
2,649 Posts
The brands I'm most sick of are the ones that basically build crap based out of Hong Kong with eta refurb movements, slap a "Made in Swiss" tag on it and try to sell it for $1500 when basically they're replica watches with a sterile dial and a few small changes. There are so many of these makers out there, blows my mind the prices people throw at these watches.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
As we've discussed in, like, three threads in as many days - on WUS, I get tired of brands that enthusiasts relentlessly promote as the answer to everything. In the real world, I can't think of any brands that I'm tired of. I like watches, I like it when people wear them. I guess a certain amount of cheesy promotion comes with the territory.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I get tired of Paul Pluta putting down Grand Seikos. He can't seem to believe that a non-Swiss made watch could actually be that good!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
Invicta. Those aren't watches, they're big, tasteless, oversized toys; they're even sold in big yellow carrying cases, like foot lockers for your GI Joe. And until they reveal where their "Swiss Made" watches are actually produced, they deserve to be ignored like gangbusters.

·
Registered
976 Posts
The brands I'm most sick of are the ones that basically build crap based out of Hong Kong with eta refurb movements, slap a "Made in Swiss" tag on it and try to sell it for $1500 when basically they're replica watches with a sterile dial and a few small changes. There are so many of these makers out there, blows my mind the prices people throw at these watches.
From what I know, these are some of the brands with owners based in Hong Kong:
Ball
Maurice Lacroix
Cyma
Titus

Reactions: drhr

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
none...however I do get tired of reading about Paul Pluta's opinions

·
Registered
810 Posts
Probably Rolex, Tag & Omega.

I guess it's not really the brands that I'm tired of hearing, but what people have to say about these brands. I'm totally fine if there were more threads regarding the movements, designs anything other than "xx vs xx", "is xx high end?", "is xx better than xx?"

Oh, I almost forgot, Invicta.

·
Registered
2,554 Posts

What are these brands?

1 - 20 of 151 Posts