WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
My old Seiko quartz multifunction. I have had it for almost 20 years. Still works and I still wear it.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
Omega Constellation f300. 34 years.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts

1901 Waltham 18S 7J pocket watch. Got it from my grandfather 60 years ago. Yes I still have it and it still works fine.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I've had this Seiko 7002-7039 diver since 1995...never serviced and still runs fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

·
Registered
4,088 Posts
My 16800 matte-dial:

I bought it used back in '93 from the Tourneau that used to be on the corner of 59th & Madison, where my friend's step dad was the manager. It'll go to my son when he turns 18 (which means that I've got 13 years left to enjoy it).

In the meantime, he's wearing a NOS Casio F-7 that I gave him as a b-day present last year; this was my first watch, which was a present from my grandfather back in the summer of '80:

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I have had this one over 21 years. It is still the most accurate watch I have (excluding syncing to atomic clocks)..

RotaryWrist.jpg

EngravedRG.jpg

Reactions: Dylan220

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've worn my Seiko 7548-700f for 34+ years until just weeks ago when it stopped. Been scouring watch sites to find a replacement movement to get it repaired.
It is precious to me, Golum... Golum...

7548-700f.jpg

·
Registered
457 Posts
I've had this Casio since the late 90s. It's on it's third
strap and 3rd battery, and it still keeps time quite
accurately.

IMG_0353.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,700 Posts
Purchased in 1978, 34 years ago, and still worn regularly:

All the watches before this one ... didn't make it.

;-)

·
Moderator Public Forum
23,344 Posts
The watch I have owned for the longest time is Hamilton handwind wristwatch given to me in 1963 as a high school graduation present. I haven't worn it for 40 years.

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
Not very long at all in my case, lol. Probably a swatch I had as a kid for a year or two.

I started wearing watches again after a long break in about 2007 or 2008. Started off with a casio. That lasted a few months then I decided to change it for a second hand pulsar, haha who the hell buys a second hand pulsar...

Again, that only lasted a few months and then I bought a police watch. That lasted maybe about a year and then I bought a calvin klein and a different police. The calvin klein I ended up smashing on the floor one day when I was really pissed off and the police watch was crappy quality, kind of fell apart by itself.

That takes us into 2011. I bought a casio digital again but the clasp wouldnt stay closed. Then I discovered solar power! Bought a solar casio ana digi but it was resin bezel and plastic face and got some nasty scratches. So I decided I'd get a solar casio edifice, and I decided Id get one with no second hand because of a bit of snobbery over not wanting a ticking sound. Unfortunately the one edifice with no second hand is pretty ugly so that's now gone as well.

Anyway THEN I discovered watchuseek, which inspired me to buy a longines, which I'm planning on NOT getting rid of!!! And a tissot I just ordered today, and I'm sure there will be more. The moral of my story being, thanks to watchuseek, Im now finally finding keepers...

Phew, sorry for the TMI there, I got a bit carried away...

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I have a Lorus Micky Mouse watch that I got for Christmas when I was about 5 years old, so I've had it for about 25 years. I put a battery in it a couple months ago and it still works, but I don't wear it. It's actually a women's watch, at about 32mm, but when you're 5 years old that's not a big deal.

Other than that, the watch that I had the longest was a rolex datejust that I got in 2000 and kept until 2008 when I traded it. Everything else just comes and goes.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Oldest was a Casio diver-style watch with a digital display strip at the bottom of the dial. Black, with a few gold-colored accents. Quartz, obviously. I wore it as a child, and then into adulthood. More years than I can remember. 15 years if not closer to 20. It was literally the only watch I wore. Never serviced, except for the occasional battery change. Towards the end, the digital display mostly crapped out on me. I'll never buy a combination digital / analog watch. I'll also never buy one with an alarm feature. It started going off on its own. Always in the middle of the work day. I got fed up and finally tossed it into the trash can. Overall, it served me well. I don't even think Casio expected one of their cheapest models to last that long.

Now my Citizen BM7080-03E has been monopolizing my wrist for the better part of two years.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts