WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
some watches are not the right size, or they do not fit your job role, personality, or spousal approval.

whatever the reason, are there any watch(es) that you really like, but know just does not work for you?

for me it is Bell & Ross. i really like a lot of them, but they just don't work for me.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
I bought this classic and just could not wear it....so I traded it in.
I've put a Daytona on dozens of times and it never looks right on me either. :-( Same thing with the Speedmaster. I should love both watches based on their history, but they just don't feel right. I really like the PP 5135R in pictures (well, who wouldn't? :think:) but didn't realize how large it wears. It's not like I can afford that one anyway.

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
I mentioned this in the other thread, but the Tag Monaco doesn't look well on my wrist at all - despite the fact that I love it. Same thing with the Tag Carrera.

The Ball Fireman II is a beautiful watch, but, having put it on, it's simply too large for my wrist.

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
Two that I liked that are too big: Hamilton Khaki Officer and Ball GMT. Darn 44-46 lugs drape over my wrist!

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
IWC Big Pilot. I really like the watch, but it would be far too big for my wrists, I'd look positively clownish.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
I'd really like a vintage (or even a replica) Zlatoust diver but I know I could never wear it since it is enormous.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I fit in that puny wrist catagory as well. Depending on the shape of the case Im alright with somewhat oversize pieces but I sold an Invicta B&R 'Homage' because it just wouldnt sit right. I really like the watch, it was a tester for an actual B&R watch so its a good thing I didnt spring for the actual piece first.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good thread.

My beloved Tag F1 - It's a 1st generation and kind of small - it kind of looks like I borrowed my wife's watch. But I've worn it a lot!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Seiko Ananta's, love the look, but are way to big for my wrist.
Q

·
Registered
623 Posts
interested in what people mean by a watch not suiting them.

other than the obvious - size - or if it's brightly coloured and doesn't suit your own colouring, or perhaps doesn't suit the type of clothes you favour...what else would make a watch not suit you?

aren't we just saying we don't actually like the watch viewed from the angle of wearing it, rather than in the third person?

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
A lot of big watches from IWC, Pam, Omega, VC, etc...

But one of my favorites that I will never own due to my tiny wrist is the IWC Big Pilot.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I really liked my 47mm Monstrum & would have kept it if all I did was sit at beaches and wear Hawaiian t-shirts all day. Having a watch which because of size only fits certain occasions is now something I watch out for o|

1 - 20 of 67 Posts