WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I sleep with the mighty Riseman. I almost never use my illumination feature. I keep a small Gerber led pocket light on my nightstand. If I have to jump up in the middle of the night...me and the Dragon are ready for action!

·
Registered
5,713 Posts
Whatever model I'm wearing before I go to bed. However I do prefer the models with the fifth light button.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
FYI, there have been a few threads about this before...
Is it normal to sleep with your G?
Do you wear a G-Shock when you sleep?
Do you sleep with your watch on?

The only time I wear a G-Shock to bed is if I want an extra "fail safe" for waking up, that being a vibrating watch strapped on. The only other watch I'll wear to sleep once in a while is the TW-7000, which is rather thin and light with a comfortable bracelet (I'll forget I have it on!). But generally, taking the watch off is always the most comfortable way to go.

·
Registered
753 Posts
I sleep with my vintage Seiko auto, regardless if I wore it or not that day, to "wind it up" at night lol.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371662374.321501.jpg

Sent from my Motorola RAZR V3
using Tapatalk 3

·
Registered
700 Posts
These days, my Seiko Solar Divers (SNE109P1) because the lume is simply excellent, and the lume on my G-Shock is quite poor, really (although it has a backlight...).

Generally, I tend to wear the watch out of the ones I have on the go at that point, with the best lume - which always seems to be a Seiko of some form.

edit: unless I'm on my travels, in which case I'll almost certainly just have one watch with me.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
I only sleep with my watch on when I'm away from home(camping, vacation, visiting relatives). At home I prefer to take it off right before bed and I have a clock I can see from where I sleep if I wake up and need to see the time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
WP_002663.jpg
003 with 5th button el-
It sleeps with us and has been very handy for time checks
Usually rely on a mobile for alarms though.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
The only time I seem to wake up with a watch on.. the sun is coming up and I'm still on the couch, parched and hung over. I then realize it must have been a great previous evening :)

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I'm trying the lovers collection 6900 today, see if its comfy..

DSC06714.JPG

have to say... i'm tired of seeing that blue backlight colour.. wish Casio would use other colours more often.. like red etc.

·
Registered
4,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Who wears a watch at home?? Let alone to bed
I used to wear my watches only when i was out of the house but as the collection grows you don't get enough time with them, so i just leave them on these days.. I don't have a bedside alarm clock and i used to check the time in the middle of the night with my ipad or itouch, which even on the lowest brightness is way 2 bright and hurts the eyes and i usually have trouble going back to bed after that..

I know there are a lot of ppl who don't take their G-Shock's off at all! they wear it when they sleep when they bathe etc.. i used to do that when i was a kid.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
.. I don't have a bedside alarm clock and i used to check the time in the middle of the night with my ipad or itouch, which even on the lowest brightness is way 2 bright and hurts the eyes and i usually have trouble going back to bed after that..
It is not recommended to use a smart phone, tablet or computer late at night. The bright light tricks your brain into thinking it's daylight and time to be awake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My 5610. Same everyday watch. Loud enough alarm, resin band and very comfortable. Wrist expands during night and slim style is convenient. In comparison with metal bands and other bigger G's as G9300, PAW2000T or 6900, I prefer the GW5610-1ER.

·
Registered
2,141 Posts
FYI, there have been a few threads about this before...
Is it normal to sleep with your G?
Do you wear a G-Shock when you sleep?
Do you sleep with your watch on?

The only time I wear a G-Shock to bed is if I want an extra "fail safe" for waking up, that being a vibrating watch strapped on. The only other watch I'll wear to sleep once in a while is the TW-7000, which is rather thin and light with a comfortable bracelet (I'll forget I have it on!). But generally, taking the watch off is always the most comfortable way to go.
Same here. When I am away on business (usually in the oil fields waking up two or three hours before my usual time) I wear my G9000-1V to bed. I hate fussing around with hotel alarm clocks and I want a fail safe if my iPhone craps out.

21 - 40 of 67 Posts