WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What watch does everyone wear when they go to see a movie? Do you carry a pocket flashlight with you to charge up the lume before it goes dark? Or do you take a digital G-Shock/Ironman with a light with you? Do you set your chrono when the movie stats?

Let's hear what everyones movie watch and routine is.

Sent from my GT-I8160

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Something with Tritium. I have kids and we are always going to see some kid related piece of garbage. The constant glow of the Tritium lets me know how much more I have to endure. Regular lume fades too fast and I ain't carrying a flashlight to charge a watch before a movie.

·
Moderator Public Forum
22,624 Posts
I use a 20 led lantern to illuminate a non-lume wristwatch every five minutes in a darkened theater. If the batteries run down my fully charged cell phone can be flipped on every 5 minutes so that I can continue to annoy everyone within 10 seats.

John, who tries to enjoy the theater so much he loses track of time.

·
Registered
2,138 Posts
Alright.... this is getting a bit too insane..........

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
I agree..but to answer the question :) I always carry a Fenix and my phone so lume doesn't matter to me. I don't do any of the other stuff the OP is asking.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Noooo,we never use that word(insane).....We say intense or strange....Hardcore.....Not the "I" word or the "C" word.....;-)

Reactions: drickster

·
Registered
9,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Is it really such a bizarre question as to which watch you prefer to bring with you when you go to see a movie (and are going to be in a dark environment for a couple of hours)?

I just thought it was a fun question to ask on a watch forum.
Sent from my GT-I8160

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
I do not care. It is probably the watch I left home with in the morning and which I wear when driving to the car wash.

Popcorn is of more importance to me.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
I have an LL Bean tritium field watch. In fact I refer to it as my "movie watch" although I also wear it at night so I can tell my cat what time it is when she walks on my head.

·
Moderator Public Forum
2,879 Posts
Truth be told, sadly my watches are more about the watch themselves than about the time they display so as I won't be able to see my watch in the dark it probably won't matter. On second thought, maybe my Ball... it would be cool to look at the lume especially if the movie isn't good.

·
Registered
11,290 Posts
I don't really consider specifically which I'd wear for a movie since it's all based on what I decide to wear that day in general. But if I had to choose then it would be my Magrette Kaitiaki. It has Lum-Tec lume and glows very nicely.

C360_2013-10-07-22-27-31-360.jpg

Or my Steinhart Marine B-Uhr (lume shot stolen from online)
6850480896_ed615350d8_b.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,316 Posts
Generally whatever I am wearing, though I must confess to choosing my Stowa Prodiver because of lume prior to heading to the movies a few weeks back.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Hmmm. Whatever happens to be on my wrist when I go to the movies is what I wear I guess.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Always one of my Deep Blues. Tritium looks so awesome in the theatre.

Hell I even make a point of wearing them at home in the evening while watching TV. I don't even really care about what the time is, they just look so cool glowing in the dark.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts