WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
How gratifying that he wears it still.

My dad has been an Omega guy since the 1950s. This was a gift to him from my mom in 1956. He gave it to me 15 or 20 years ago.

Then he replaced the 1956 Seamaster with this in the 1970s. He gave this one to my younger brother.

Then he bought this one 10 years ago (plus or minus). Pic from the Internet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
What a nice watch! And even better because it came from his son. :)

My dad's always had a few watches, but I don't remember much about them other than that they're all dressy and have white dials. I'll have to ask when I go visit for the holidays.

·
Registered
971 Posts
My dad has a few
Paul picot le plongeur c type rose gold and carbon LE
Cartier tank steel
Cartier pasha
Iwc Portuguese rattrapante
Tag heur Monaco calibre 11
And I'm sure forgetting something
He doesn't like being too flashy tho so 90% of times he wears the tank or an old bulova

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,639 Posts
His current daily is a Seiko Honda F1 chronograph. He bought 3 in different colour schemes on an overseas trip and gave one to me and the other to my Brother in law.
He keeps an 18k Omega constellation in the safe and only wears it for special occasions.

Too many watches, too little time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using DeX

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
He wears a 2 tone Rolex Datejust on jubilee bracelet from the 80's which was a gift from my mother. The typical 'made it' watch at the time in Hong Kong so you see quite a few people around his age wearing them.

2rol.jpg

·
Registered
524 Posts
Nowadays, he wears an Ironman I gave him because the time on the display is large, so easy to read. Back in the day, he wore a gold Longines that he bought in a PX, which my brother nabbed before my WIS days.

·
Registered
251 Posts
My dad has been gone for a long time, but as I recall he was a Timex guy. Which is a bit surprising, considering he always wore tailored suits with gold cufflinks and silk ties!

·
Registered
486 Posts
For as long as I remember my dad has liked being in the teckie side of things. I remember when he got the fist edition of Pulsar in the early 70's, with the red numbers at the push of a button. Then came the Longiness V.H.P. Conquest in titanium, advertised as the most precise watch of the world. After that came a long series of quartzes (Rolex, gold Raymon Weil, the Columbus Phillipe Charioll, Longiness and Omega). These days he has a Samsumg Galaxy Gear attached to his wrist. He still keeps most of his watches in a coupple of boxes. I have no idea about what he wore before the quartz age but my second brother has an old solid gold Bulova and a manual wind gold Tank. I guess those were his watches.

·
Registered
407 Posts
My dad wears an old Citizen quartz two-tone. I think he paid about $200 for it twenty years ago. It's so old that the gold tone has faded and it now just looks like stainless steel. Needless to say, he's not a watch guy. I keep telling him that he needs to upgrade (he's quite successful in his business), but he just thinks I'm crazy. "Who cares about watches?", he says.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My father passed away many years ago and I now have his watch, which I believe was a wedding gift to him from my mother. A Gruen Curvex, probably circa 1951, with a unique domed acrylic crystal. Solid 14K gold with his initials engraved on the back.

·
Registered
927 Posts
My father passed away many years ago and I now have his watch, which I believe was a wedding gift to him from my mother. A Gruen Curvex, probably circa 1951, with a unique angled and domed acrylic crystal. Solid 14K gold with his initials engraved on the back.

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
My father's was a '59-'60 Rolex Thunderbird that a work friend picked up in Switzerland for him. We were living in Venezuela at the time, and the friend was going to Europe to replace his own Rolex hat he had lost water skiing Lake Maracaibo.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Timex Ironman, only watch he ever wore I think. I recently asked him if I could get him a watch for a gift and he basically just said he wouldn't wear it, ha. Funny cause he's the type of guy you'd expect would own some nice watches, and certainly has the means to purchase them, but I feel like his pragmatic engineering background makes him hate mechanical watches, sort of understandably.

He mentioned his Dad had a couple old watches that he's had stored away somewhere for years including an old Bulova, would be really cool to check those out.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts