WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So having a big anniversary this year and want to get my wife something nice, she usually does not like expensive things, and this is no exception as it is like pulling teeth to get her to give me an idea of what she would like, but I have told her that I want to get something frivolous for her since it is a big one for us...

With that said I picked these three as I felt they would best fit her style, however the one that she seems to like the most of the three (the Ladies Deville) I personally don't think it would be as good of a daily wearer as the other two

Wondering what others wife's/sig others wear and also if anyone has seen this deville first hand and can comment on its wearability

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
My Wife has the AT you have pictured there, but the quartz version.

She has worn it almost every day since she got it. Very durable. Great purchase

·
Registered
472 Posts
To commemorate my daughter's birth five years ago I bought my wife a Patek Philippe Twenty 4 and she's been wearing it nearly every day.

The watch is as beautiful today as it was when we first got it, spectacular and with zero issues... It literally seems to get better with age.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk 21366372937.822539.jpg

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. I had to convince my wife to get a nice watch. So after a couple hours together on the net, she chose the Tag Heuer F1 pink MOP diamonds quartz. That was 4 years ago and she LOVES it to this day.

·
Registered
9,577 Posts
Congratulations to you both. I cannot help with those specific models I'm afraid. My wife wears her old style 36mm black AT quartz most of the time and alternates with her B&R, Hamilton and 'our' Doxa Sub.

Nigel

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
My wife is like yours, i can't seem to tell which omega she likes and can't get her interested enough to look for one. I want to get her one but I don't want to spend the money on something she won't enjoy.

But if I were to buy her one it would probably be the AT silver or back dial. Not sure which. And quartz, I think she'll find it to be a pain in the ass to adjust the hour every time she stops wearing it.

·
Registered
340 Posts
You could always compromise and buy her a nice, but not too expensive watch. My wife wears the Tissot automatic I bought her about 7 years ago all the time:

Tissot Ladies Automatic.jpg

Congratulations to both of you on the anniversary by the way!

·
Registered
136 Posts
bought her this gold and ss Deville some 25 years ago. Still looks and wears as good as new.

IMG_0775-M.jpg

·
Registered
263 Posts
My wife borrows an older Movado watch that I never wear anymore.

I'd love to get her an Omega, but she hasn't really expressed any interest in a nice watch, and I know that it wouldn't get worn enough to wind up an automatic.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
This is our little collection, Minus 3 omegas (Wedding day gifts and pass downs on wedding day)
Mine
Orient (Winder, yes date is wrong havent adjusted)
Orient Mako (winder, yes time and date are wrong, havent adjusted)
Burberry (First watch she bought me)
Hamilton

Her watches are on the bottom row 4 from the right
Movado (was mine but swapped it to leather for her to have)
Timex
Timex
Michael Kors

Will update picture when we have our Omegas in there, i hate the waiting game, lol

*we just got this watchbox/winder and I have not adjusted the Orients yet.

Ourcollection.jpg

·
Registered
821 Posts
The GF has not expressed wanting a watch. Thank god, its keeping my wallet heavy ;) I wouldn't get her a watch anyways as she will probably loose/damage it. Shes happy with her purses! :)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Whatever you do, buy the one she has expressed an interest in! It's hard enough satisfying a woman so don't make it hard for yourself. Besides it's not that bad a watch.

·
Registered
6,644 Posts
my wife goes into my vintage collection and treats it like she's at the counter of a boutique. She'll wear anything from a vintage dive to my Constellations which puts her solidly in the 33-38mm range

·
Registered
5,696 Posts
My wife is very found of her eco-drive beaters. For a woman who spends her days at a desk or speaking to groups of 25 to 30, she bashes the hell out of all her watches.

If it's not a eco-drive on her wrist then it's the 120m ladies seamaster I got her last year.
DSC_0060-1.jpg

·
Registered
337 Posts
Most gals need at least two watches. Maybe three depending on occupation.

My wife is easy. She is a Nurse Anesthatist so a bigger watch with good lume and a second hand are important. She liked my SMP so I bought her the smaller model. Success!

She also likes to dress up and go to the opera. Something glittery that almost looks like a bracelet. Radio Sintra in gold. Perfect.

My suggestion is to consider the times she can wear and pick something useful and stylish to her taste.

Returns are easy too. Don't worry about it. Just dive in. :)

Drift

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
Bought my wife this Longines last year when I got my PO. She was adamant about having an automatic and happily winds and sets it if she's not worn it long enough to keep it running as she wears quartz for work and just wears this in the evenings.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366409256.969038.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366409267.245908.jpg

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
My wife also has a Longines Automatic (Saint-Imier Collection)....but most of the time wears fashion quartz watches...(facepalm)

my 2,5 years old daughter will do better than her mom

1 - 20 of 64 Posts