WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I might have the record. For me, it was the Breitling Aerospace. Had the original, called a "Navitimer" then, a 56-series, and a 1999 Repetition Minutes. Traded the original for a laptop, sold the second, and bought the third. Won't make that mistake ever again.

aerospace 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,963 Posts
I dont imagine I will ever do that

·
Premium Member
1,354 Posts
StuT,
My Darth Seiko. Vance.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Seiko SARB 035. Payment from the buyer was reversed and I had to recall the package the day before delivery. I realized I should not have sold it from the beginning. I lost $40 in the process.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I traded a really good example of the 6015 Willard years ago.. it was a bad trade :) ... took a lot more to get another one years later as the prices have shot up on these.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
SKX007. Twice.

But I also regretted buying it each time, because it really was just too big, so I sold it a third time and was done.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Seamaster 2531.80. At least 3-4 times. Then the 2220.80. At least twice. I have a sick history with the Bond Seamaster.

I don't count some other watches I sold and picked up in a different size/configuration (Datejust, Aqua Terra) or made an improvement that I wanted (Speedmaster).

·
Registered
645 Posts
Both of my current ones fall into that category.

Aquis Clipperton, wore it almost every day for a year and a half and suddenly thought I'd be happier with a Seiko marinemaster. Bad move, and one I was thankfully able to fix pretty quickly.

Stowa Marine Original. Liked the original one I had but didn't realize how much until I sold it. Been watching for one to pop up and it finally did last week.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Daytona 116500, thought it was the top of the market and didn't get as much use so cashed out last year and boy was I wrong. Ended up missing it badly and purchased again this year.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I might have the record. For me, it was the Breitling Aerospace. Had the original, called a "Navitimer" then, a 56-series, and a 1999 Repetition Minutes. Traded the original for a laptop, sold the second, and bought the third. Won't make that mistake ever again.

View attachment 15853021
Thanks to those who replied. I am glad to see I am not just another "N of 1" in making a questionable decision to sell or trade ! -Stu T -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts