WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody who saw the movie recently know? Unfortunately I can't find a good screenshot any where, and it's bugging the crap out of me! :-d

·
Premium Member
Zelos Hammerhead V3 Frost
2,276 Posts
Flick's based on a PKD story. All of PKD's heroes were everymen. Having the character wear a watch costing over $100 would be contrary to PKD's intent in my opinion. It's an appropriate piece and a great choice by the production designer.

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
Its amazing how some people can make even the cheapest watch look killer. I've seen these at my local target/wal mart. It certainly was chosen by the costume/wardrobe people to fit the character of the film.

From the movie trailer Damon plays an average joe kind of character, not the super-hero invincible type... forced to make some hard choices.

Good spot Tempus

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
You can be surprised on how some things that cost so little look so expensive, it really depends on the wearer and how well they wear it. Some people can make Timexes look great while others can make Rolexes look cheap. Just my .02

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
just by reading the thread title, I was incline to say whatever the watch company that's sponsoring the movie gives ... but glad I was wrong, good to see they were consistent with his character - and not be a sellout

·
Registered
652 Posts
Great eye - I assumed it was a Timex because the other guy was wearing one and they did the close up - it was clearly a promo.

The point that this leads to - is that he was not an "everyman" in the movie. I don't know about the book or short story, but in the movie he was a New York politician - so that means he would almost certainly have to be rich - and would never have been wearing a $20 watch.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.