WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
im almost sure that button is a watch endorser and it should be that brand, must be a new trend- cheap looking expensive watch.:-!

·
Registered
178 Posts
It looks like a ToyWatch. As in the company/product, not that it is a watch that is a toy.. although it kinda is... :-d

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
So how do you like my new watch?

Well umm ...er... can't really say :-s

Peace,
Preston

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
Just another example of the sub-moronic 'ironically fashionable' craze that's sweeping the post-'70s retro-kitsch' world.

Kill me now.

I still like Button though.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
If he likes the watch, I don't see the problem, it's his fashion choice.

The "clownishly large watch" is also a fashion style that's probably just as silly, and a lot of people here sure embrace that and don't give it a second thought ... although those same people would have been making ridiculous comments several years ago when 40mm was the norm.

Oh well, I guess we have a ways to go before we all stop ridiculing people's choices, lifestyles, clothes, and so on. Reality TV FTW! Carry on.

-s-

·
Registered
9,345 Posts
If he likes the watch, I don't see the problem, it's his fashion choice.

The "clownishly large watch" is also a fashion style that's probably just as silly, and a lot of people here sure embrace that and don't give it a second thought ... although those same people would have been making ridiculous comments several years ago when 40mm was the norm.

Oh well, I guess we have a ways to go before we all stop ridiculing people's choices, lifestyles, clothes, and so on. Reality TV FTW! Carry on.

-s-
Aesthetics are not entirely subjective. That watch is hideous. It's garish. It's an insult to the eyes. I'm 99% sure that Button is wearing it ironically. I'm not going to argue about this too intently, but I refuse to believe that all aesthetic choices and judgments are simply up in the air, open, entirely, to interpretation. I can't accept that there is no inherent quality in Beethoven that separates his Symphonies from the saccrine sweet pop-drivel that someone like Britney Spears spews forth. And thats what we have here. That lime colored monstrosity is hideous. There IS something that separates that watch from, say, the elegant simplicty of an IWC, the rugged elegance of a Submariner, or the intricate detail of a Patek Phillipe.

Of course we shouldn't mock and humiliate someone who's tastes don't match our own, but at the same time we also shouldn't castrate our aesthetic realities on the knife of political correctness.

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Button: "I wanted a watch that nobody will chop my hand off for"

Alonso: "I heard that's a big problem. Does it have GMT?"

·
Registered
2 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Re: Trying to ID this watch, im going crazy.

Jenson Button F1 driver has it, its green ith the white dial, but i couldnt figure out anything else. Ill appreciate some help figuring this out.

here is a link to a picture of him with the watch:

Its the 3rd picture on the fourth row

http://www.formula1.com/gallery/race/2009/816/general/thursday.html
Casio Frogman "Love the Earth and the Sea"

Edit: After seeing the larger photo, it's obviously not a Casio.

Any white you're seeing may be an optical effect, at least that's the way it looks to me. At that resolution, it's anyone's guess.

Edit: The only "optical effect" that watch has is the hurt it is on the eyes. Somebody, please! Get that man a watch sponsor, quick! :-d

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Trying to ID this watch, im going crazy.

tnx for the info, but that is not the watch, is defenitley not the same green, you cant imagine how hard it has been trying to identify it....

1 - 20 of 27 Posts