WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching some news show a few months ago and I couldn't tell what watch Tim Geithner, U.S. Secretary of Treasure was wearing. Looked like a g-shock or iron man to me, but it was never still while in view, and the image was quite small. I took a few pics, but couldn't get good detail (didn't have my good camera available, just the droid).

Quantity, but not quality images, I am afraid. Still, for fun, what is it?

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
The LA Times will tell you what all the celebrities are wearing...

"President Obama wears a $350 Jorg Gray 6500 Chronometer. Treasury Secretary Timothy F. Geithner sports a $30 Timex Ironman. Comedian Conan O'Brien was spotted by celebrity watch blog Watch-ID.com sporting a Suunto Core Extreme Edition Red watch, typically less than $500. And tween heartthrob Justin Bieber wears a Casio G-Shock G-Lide, which sells for less than $100."

Link: Swiss are looking to revive luxury watch sales in U.S. - Los Angeles Times

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Funny, you listen to Geithner talk for more than two minutes and end up just assuming he has a drawer full of Invictas.

Reactions: bigdubs

·
Registered
978 Posts
Whatever it is, it shouldn't be worn with a suit, especially when you're on TV. As to Geithner being a celebrity, anyone who appears above a ticker bearing the yield on 10-year notes is not celebrity.

·
Banned
100 Posts
A 1%er with a Timex OMG!!

I don't buy it, he's wearing that so as to look like an everyman. Probably had to borrow it. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
I don't buy it, he's wearing that so as to look like an everyman. Probably had to borrow it. ;)

Public officials have been doing this for years. Geithner's predecessor, Paulson, wore a timex too. Clinton also wore a $30 timex throughout his entire term. Different story after he left office. e.g. Panerai on the Daily Show. I'm sure other eagle eyed members have more examples.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Whatever it is, it shouldn't be worn with a suit, especially when you're on TV. As to Geithner being a celebrity, anyone who appears above a ticker bearing the yield on 10-year notes is not celebrity.
Really? Oh come on now. Just for sake of friendly argument...

Untitled.jpg
;-)

All that said, didn't spot his Omega...

Attachments

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Just for the sake of argument: What is a "Phelps"?

·
Registered
2,849 Posts
Celebrity pot smoker.
Oh...

Well, given that Geithner usually sounds like he's been spending way too much time with a bong, I guess it all makes sense.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts