What watch to add?

Im Loving the new GMT Master II but could find new

i like JLC Reverso Tribute and Master Ultra Thin Moon

Thank you for your Help and your advices

Attachments

·
Registered
67 Posts
Budget? Are you mixing up theme's (diving, racing, flight)?

I'm personally not a huge fan of Rolex so I would always recommend to mix things up. A nice Reverso (rectangle case) is a cool twist.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Highly recommend a Vacheron Overseas 3. The fact that it comes with a bracelet, rubber strap and croc strap really make it a versatile addition, a holy trinity piece and I think it could be a good buy given the hysteria and 2x MSRP pricing of the competitors.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Overseas 3 is just awesome but not on my price range :(

i love those

View attachment 14479955

View attachment 14479959
I just picked up that moon phase in rose gold a few weeks ago.... incredible piece!

This type of discussion is obviously all emotional.... how attached are you to your Rolex OP? Selling/trading that could make up the delta in your budget and since the VCO is all stainless with a steel bracelet, it could replace that watch. That Rolex OP is beautiful though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OP was my first watch and very loved, i love it color, its my all day watch hard to sell it

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
I was thinking that you need a blue face, so the Reverso would definitely fit the bill.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
My pick would be either business formal or evening wear...the difference is evening wear can be less prescriptive. (I don't mean tux.) I'm not a moon phase fan; do you intend to keep it on a winder? Or are you OK with resetting the moon phase every time you intend to wear it? Your OP is your daily wearer.

Options...JLC MUT and Reverso, for sure. Cartier Tank or Drive de Cartier. Omega De Ville Tresor manual wind in steel:

Omega-De-Ville-Tresor-Steel-Master-Chronometer-2019-4.jpg

There's also a white dial option, but I love that blue. Grand Seiko SBGK005 is another...manual wind, 39 mm.
https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/sbgk005g

A tad bigger, and something completely different...Spring Drive.
https://www.grand-seiko.com/us-en/collections/sbga407g

That's a good example of something I'd call evening wear...not exactly a business suit watch with that dial color.

Last consideration...a Citizen Chronomaster. High-accuracy, solar quartz...you need to keep it reasonably near a light source. This year's seen numerous washi paper dials, many of which are very attractive.
https://citizen.jp/product/the-citizen/lineup/detail.html?tag=0

It's in Japanese only so you'll need a browser that translates for you. Also, that means...don't try it on your phone or tablet. Translation is a memory hog. Focus on the AQ40xx models...the AB9000 models are not Eco Drive, the AQ60xx models are the Caliber 0100 super-accurate (1 SPY) new models...but carrying a huge price premium.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I often see some collections where the watches look almost the same and I can't really see the point. I prefer to have a variety of very different watches. My collection includes watches with different shapes, types, functions and age. Most of them offer a completely different look. e.g. Pilot, skeleton, art deco, bauhaus, vintage style, square, rectangular.
6 classics would be nice, Speedmaster, Reverso, Monaco, Type XX, Fifty fathom, Casablanca.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
If i had that collection a MUT Moon and a Cartier Santos would fill the remaining slots if budget permitted.

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
Lovely collection.

Whilst the Reverso is technically a sports watch (polo) nearly everyone really identifies it as a dress watch - and that is what your collection is screaming for.

So my vote is the Reverso too.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Coming from a recovering watchaholic:

1. Stop - you are done, move on to collecting cars
2. Watch and wait - too much price gouging at the moment, seems a lot like market manipulation but a few big pre-owned dealers

Unfortunately, I predict that your next purchase isn't going to be another watch but a bigger watch box.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts