WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1. Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m Calibre 5 full black
tag-heuer-aquaracer-500-black.jpg
2. Omega Seamaster 300 M Chronometer ( it may strain my wallet )
21230412001002-30.jpg

Is buying Tag would be a mistake ?. If Seamaster is better, tell me please in what terms :). Maybe someone has this aquaracer and can tell me more about real quality, wearing comfort etc.

·
Registered
585 Posts
Let your wallet be strained and go for Omega!

I think there is no comparison between the two. Omega is way too classier than Tag. Mind you, I am not a Tag hater. I have a Link for last 5 years and I wear it 3-4 days a week. But this aqua racer is ugly. Sorry :-(

·
Registered
13,407 Posts
If you like the look of both, choose the Tag if it suits your budget better.
They should perform and last similarly.
If you think you may ever want to sell your watch, the Omega will hold it's value better.

·
Registered
10,091 Posts
Watch to watch, I'd go with the Omega. However the Tag is a beautiful watch as well, and if it's easier to reach, fiscally. If choosing that one over the Omega (assuming you like both more or less equally) frees up some money, or keeps you from stretching the wallet to far, I'd go with that one.

I'd say go down to a local shop, try on each, get a sense for how they wear on your wrist. If you want one, but can't choose between them, go with the Aquaracer.

·
Registered
3,644 Posts
Omega.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well I got the Omega Planet Ocean Chrono and I must tell you there is NO comparison.
I think the Omega is one or two level above it!!!

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
i'd go with the Aquaracer on this. it looks bada**! true, with the Omega you get a classic and it holds it's value but your not going to flip it anytime soon, right?
this prevents your wallet to be stretched and you still get what you want.

·
Banned
364 Posts
In terms of quality, craftsmenship and pedigree; the Omega wins hands down. It's like comparing a Toyota to a Lexus.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I would take the watch that ... 6 months, 2 years, 5 years down the road would look down it and say, damn - I love this watch

·
Registered
21,045 Posts
Nearly a coin flip, but I'm going to say Tag.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
I agree, Omega is a great brand name, but this is a pretty plain model, The new tag Aquaracers are works of beauty, that blacked out model is a peice of art. If I was going to spend a lot of cash on a watch, I would make sure that I was completely happy with it, appearence is important to me. As far as quality, sure Omega is better than entry level Tags, but they are both excellent.

That Tag looks better, is bigger and heavier, new and more unique, retains it valure right now better than that Model Omega. I would go for the Tag.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts