WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
What watches do you think or have seen Lawyers wear?

i personally wear a few watches on rotation: Classic Rolex Submariner Date, Rolex Datejust II two toned, Blue Omega Seamaster Pro 300m Quartz and an Omega Speedmaster Soyuz Apollo Limited Edition Meteorite. Will update with pics later.

:)

Update: 1st batch. Pic on phone(below)

Currently at work wearing my Sub. Will take a pic of it later.

IMAG1878.jpg

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
I think they wear anything that can generate billable hours.
Not hours. Minutes. And most of the watches they were must be severely Magnetised.

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
Most of them I see (I see a lot) that are wearing anything noteworthy are either Rolex, Citizen or TAG. I see them in about equal numbers. The Rolex is either the DJ, AK or Sub. The TAG can vary a lot. It's often a quartz carrera or what have you. There doesn't seem to be a pattern with the Citizens, but I see those a lot too. Nothing like, brag worthy, no Campanola or Signatures or anything, so far. I did get graded by an attorney recently wearing a quartz Omega Constellation.

My last boss had a Chinese mechanical pocket watch, and his brother, an attorney there also, wore a u-boat quartz...

My boss before that wore a Bulova quartz, but that was a woman, so her jewelry-related preferences were probably pretty different than most.

If you're counting law students (well, I guess a lawyer, I graduate in a few days), this is what I wear:

524466_970027729674_18308506_39841146_810938389_n.jpg

·
Registered
20,990 Posts
If your willing to bill 2300 hours a year. I can't do it anymore, I'm leaving for an in-house position in a few weeks. I think you would do better getting a gig at HR F1's firm. His collection is impressive, most impressive.

I'd do that. I mean, I'm not a lawyer, but I can "bill" that in a week and then go for vacation, right?

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
OT: there was a lawyer/ solicitor in UK that overbilled slightly. He called his nice, large boat " Legal Aid".
He got cought. I think he is now in prison.

Edit: forgot my wife is almost done too with her law degree. 4 final tests left. Then 9 months in UK.
She wears a JLC, a Rado or a PAM.

Reactions: CitizenM

·
Registered
5,671 Posts
OT: there was a lawyer/ solicitor in UK that overbilled slightly. He called his nice, large boat " Legal Aid".
He got cought. I think he is now in prison.

Edit: forgot my wife is almost done too with her law degree. 4 final tests left. Then 9 months in UK.
She wears a JLC, a Rado or a PAM.
Yeah, over billing is a serious breach of ethical conduct in the US as well. If one detested the law and no longer wanted to practice (in every state of the union), that would be one way to insure permanent disbarment.

·
Registered
22,213 Posts
One of our G Shock mods is a lawyer. I'm pretty sure he mostly wears G shocks since he has a whole, whole lot of them. :)

Jeannie

·
Registered
10,228 Posts
I think I'll start out in O&G in Texas...pays ok...maybe pick up some more GSes this year. But I might screw it and just live in Japan for a little while. In which case, I'll be a lawyer with no (nice) watch.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts