WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I type Halloween's almost over: time to start thinking about good tidings this coming Holiday season. :-d

For some, Christmas is a time when the payroll bonuses come out. For others, it's an occasion for gift giving and receiving from significant others. ;-)

For us watch lovers, tis the season to acquire the affordable watch we've wish listed all year, through the above-mentioned means. :-!

Personally, I have $600 or so to be set aside for my Yuletide present to myself, and I'm looking into getting either the Red Bull Edifice...
EQS-A1000RB-1AV_l.jpg

or a Seiko SARB045 (blue dial)

For now I'm more inclined to the Seiko, but the challenge is I can only get it shipped from Japan, and our local post office is not exactly a trustworthy bunch. :-x So I have to figure out the shipping part first. My shortlist may change as the days grow shorter and colder. In the mean time, I'm having fun doing research on other options.

So if you've been nice and not naughty, share with us what watch is most likely to end up in your Christmas stocking. ;-)

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Go for the Seiko.

Although I'm in the process of selling my SARB021, they are really some incredible watches. Particularly for the money.

Alternately... You could go Alpinist. It was my wish list item and I decided to buy it for my wedding.

dsc01669x.jpg

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
Nice watches, both the Edifice and the Seiko are sweet. I'm not sure a watch is in the works for me this Christmas. (!)

Unless I could find a black dial Citizen NH6890 'sub'... :p

·
Registered
12,680 Posts
The last watch of the year was six watches back....no more...well perhaps a Wuyi re-issue...and Vostok should be bringing out...no...no... I would like a CW B of B though...and a nice Beijing.
Have to write my letter and send it up the chimney, probably get some socks, as usual ;)

·
Registered
3,208 Posts
Im hoping i can see something nice on sale, maybe one of the daily deal sites, amazon, etc, but all im seeing is generic stuff so far.

·
Registered
8,489 Posts
At the moment I'm trying to avoid getting watches as gifts as it makes them tougher to flip if I don't get on with them. That said I'm sure I'll get some Amazon vouchers which may well end up being invested in a Citizen BJ9130

·
Affordables Moderator
17,577 Posts
I'm thinking right now that there won't be a watch in my stocking, the closest I'll get is the Mudman I just ordered for my younger son. He started wearing a watch everyday over the summer :-! a Casio SGW-300 that I 'gave him. His favorite video game Battlefield 3 has the POV clearly wearing a G9000 so I know he'll enjoy it.

I've been distracted by my pocket knife collection lately...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
My beautiful young bride is getting me one of my dream list watches.

I tried to get one of these last spring but they were out of stock at Seagull USA. Then just this week Kevin had five of them but they went fast. Kevin said he will be getting a dozen more at the end of the month and has promised me one.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I'm hoping for the Torgoen T10 white face on bracelet. I've been dropping hints and "softening up" the wife for the eventual purchase.
T10205.jpg

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great selections so far. Keep them coming. I agree with whatmeworry, I've never flipped any watch given to me by my parents and wife.

·
Registered
389 Posts
I'm trying to get Santa to bring me a Hager Commando. If he can't swing that, it'll be an Orient Ray.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Not so much Santa (not a christmas person), but I'll be graduating at the end of this month and my parents intend to give me a watch and have it engraved as a graduation present. The budget is quite a bit up from what I normally play around in, though nowhere near Rolex-territory or anything, so I really don't have a shortlist yet. I'm thinking of the Max Bill Chronoscope:

but it's over budget if I buy retail, and I really need to see it on the wrist first. I'm afraid it's too big for a dress chrono; I have tiny wrists.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Well I'm hoping to get my first 'decent' watch this Christmas. By decent I mean something that is well made and costs over £75 unlike the rest of my current watches. The three I have my eye on are...
Hamilton Khaki Field Automatic (38mm version)
Steinhart GMT-Ocean 1 Black
Steinhart Nav-B 44mm.

Also thinking of flipping 3 of my G-shocks to invest in some more mechanicals.

·
Registered
14,861 Posts
Santa kindly let it slip that I can expect a Christopher Ward C60 Trident diver with leather strap for Christmas.

He even let me have an early quick peek at it. ;-)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts