WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have the opportunity to pick up a PO 2500 for what seems like a good price, $3100. Any advice on saving a couple of bucks on the older movement or if this is a fair price? Quality of the 8500 vs 2500?

Thanks a lot,
Great Forum

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
From a UK perspective that is a good deal as long as the watch is in good condition of course. The 2500 is slimmer on the wrist, sits flatter and is the nicer of the two in my opinion. 8500 is just too bulky. The movement may or may not be as good. I have the 2200.50 and an 8500 AT. Quality, decoration and technology wise it's the 8500 that wins on paper but the reality is that the 2500 is every bit as accurate. If I wear either watch for extended periods of time I never have to adjust them and when I only had my PO it ran +/-0 for a year and the crown was only opened on date and daylight savings changes. AT is the same when worn on a daily basis.
Good luck deciding!

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
I have very limited personal experience with this, but I second what Muddy250 has said. I like the 8500 best for what it is, but the 8500 PO's thickness makes them too sporty for my purposes. The 2500 PO's are definitely more versatile. I just picked up a 2500D Planet Ocean, and it's been running +2/day for the past 3 days! Very accurate!! Besides, the 2500D has the 3-level co-axial escapement and is very similar to the 8500 movement from my understanding. Even the 2500C's seem to be just as accurate from what I've read. On another note, I don't like the look of the ceramic bezel as much. It looks gray or like a faded black. I think the aluminum bezel that's dark black looks better. And $3100 is within an acceptable price range if it's a really clean example.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Registered
6,812 Posts
Outstanding price if new, yet!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Great price for brand new with warranty. You can get a pretty mint one for $2500 if you are patient and don't need new.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts