WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10,800 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been visiting omega.ch. Nice to drop in every now and then.

I came across these two variations of the standard PO

What would they be priced at?

Also, what does everyone think of them?

·
Registered
44 Posts
The orange diamond PO:

I was at my local AD (Salt Lake) last week looking for either a 39mm or 41 mm AT, neither of which he had...in fact, he had NO AT's :-( , but he did have the one on the left (the orange PO with diamonds and MOP)...if I remember right he said it retailed for ("only") $65K USD. I didn't know if he was kidding or not. Personally, besides being....just....a....bit... out of my price range (I drive a Toyota 4-Runner) , it's a little too "bling" for my tastes. Diamonds, imho, are most attractive when they sparkle with reflected light, and the way these are set - and cut - they don't.
In person, they look like glass.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Personally, I find diamonds on just about every watch I've seen them on repulsive. It has to be incredibly understated for me to be able to stomach. I hate the bezel on that PO but love the face. The Rose Gold is beautiful.

·
Registered
563 Posts
Just been visiting omega.ch. Nice to drop in every now and then.

I came across these two variations of the standard PO

What would they be priced at?

Also, what does everyone think of them?
No idea on price but the gold and black is pretty sharp. Orange w/MOP and stones does nothing for me..

·
Banned
4,738 Posts
Personally, I find diamonds on just about every watch I've seen them on repulsive. It has to be incredibly understated for me to be able to stomach. I hate the bezel on that PO but love the face. The Rose Gold is beautiful.
Hide your eyes please......OK...ready?
I don't think you can get any more understated than this. If my wifes and now her feelings are hurt because nobody likes diamonds. True elagance
is never understated. I had this bezel made for her birthday.
Why this size you ask? Because they didn't have anything bigger or uglier. I told the watchmaker to keep adding diamonds till you couldn't wind or set it and stop. Mission accomplished. She absolutly loves this watch!
This has to be the butt ugliest womans watch I have ever seen. And it belongs to my wife. The diamond PO for a man is just as ugly.
Here it is.......

·
Banned
2,913 Posts
You can keep the orange and the bling...............

But I'd wear that big hunk O gold! Really! David

Reactions: Slim724

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hide your eyes please......OK...ready?
I don't think you can get any more understated than this. If my wifes and now her feelings are hurt because nobody likes diamonds. True elagance
is never understated. I had this bezel made for her birthday.
Why this size you ask? Because they didn't have anything bigger or uglier. I told the watchmaker to keep adding diamonds till you couldn't wind or set it and stop. Mission accomplished. She absolutly loves this watch!
This has to be the butt ugliest womans watch I have ever seen. And it belongs to my wife. The diamond PO for a man is just as ugly.
Here it is.......
Hah! Too each their own Jim! I wouldn't let my wife out of the house wearing that watch even if I DID like it. I bet I could sell my house at 100% profit and still need more funds to purchase that baby! :-!

·
Registered
8,410 Posts
Hah! Too each their own Jim! I wouldn't let my wife out of the house wearing that watch even if I DID like it. I bet I could sell my house at 100% profit and still need more funds to purchase that baby! :-!
Actually, my watchmaker (who also has very good jeweler's skills) gets very good prices on diamonds through wholesalers and has put together some nice diamond studded Rolexes (on par with Moose's). Surprisingly affordable given how "blingy' they looked.
Never been my cup of tea, and lucky for me, the wife isn't a big diamond fan, either.

·
6,880 Posts
Re: do you like 'em?

Left=throw up
Right=pretty nice

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
wow. the bling bling diamonds really make a difference to the watch. not my cup of tea, but i'd say its real bling bling for the girls.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
I hate the blinged out orange PO. It's just so tacky.

The gold PO is a stunner though. The only thing I cannot understand is why Omega decided to put it on a rubber strap, kind of cheapens the look. I suppose if you could afford one though you may not find buying a quality leather strap and deployant an issue. I would like to guess a two tone bracelet is in the pipeline.

·
Registered
Mainly JLC, UN & Omega
436 Posts
OK, I agree the precious stones are a bit ugh but I really like the white gold/MOP dial on the first one. The second one does nothing for me, I'm not a rose/yellow gold watch kind of guy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ah the Orange Mechanuqe (sp)?

love it would for sure wear it, but can't afford it unless my circumstances change drastically.

·
Registered
36 Posts
My preference

I love the gold P.O. (the non-chrony especially) The mechanique looks much better in person. I like the dial but I'm not too crazy about the gemstones in the bezel. Perhaps a single diamond at the zero mark?!

I prefer the K.I.S.S. principle (KEEP IT SIMPLE, STUPID) and the mechanique is just "too busy" For the bucks I'd rather have a Patek or Vacheron (but who am I kidding, I barely have the bucks to justify a P.O.)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts