WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Actually I really did want one 2 years ago - but been put off Rolex - sold my Rolexes - have discovered Omega - and decided I dont want another Rolex just to sell n make a few quid - let someone else be blessed by a beautiful watch - I'm looking at Omegas tomorrow :)
I fell out of love a bit with Omega a while ago, but I’ve rediscovered them a bit lately.

The build quality now it pretty special versus 20 odd years ago when I first got interested in them.

That said, when funds allow I think I fancy rebuilding a ‘greatest hits’ collection consisting of a 1st and 2nd gen PO and the 2594.52 chronograph.

Great watches - shame it took Rolex being a customer service train wreck for many of us to get back that way, but it takes all sorts.

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
You know Si,
I had a 69 speedy and sold off a lot of pieces to fund a massive gap fee for a young sons big operation.
Did not think twice and like all of us, would do again in a heartbeat.
I'm as you know a huge fan of the omega brand and have ordered a 1200 steel like yours.
An SD43 is on order,.but I'm a wearer, so no uplift after purchase I don't believe after being belted by me on any of my Rolex.
There are a lot of collectors that have trod your path and to me it's the correct one.
There is also a heap of guys that collect them and are knowledgeable and don't become painful in posing off that brand.
We both know heaps of great blokes with terrific brands and Rolex is held high but not the only brand in most collections.
Any way mate and apologies for long response my friend.
However a fella i knew well fell from a high height to great lows and now a resident behind the government's motel.
I saw him just before, he went down and I said why mate..why??
He goes I'll give you a saying I forgot to keep doing.
" Just because you can! Does not mean you Should!!
Good on you mate, a choice easily made to enjoy and not look back...
Nearly a bloody sermon!!
Ha I know you'll get it mate
Dave

·
Premium Member
Rolex 116618LN, Rolex MG, Rolex DSSD, Rolex SD43, PAM176, PAM1305, Omega PloProf, SeaMaster300,
739 Posts
I am much more enamored of this Omega than the Rolex SD or Sub.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I get it and can't blame you one bit. I have my share of Rolex, Subs and Gmts included, 5 and 6 digit and two Omegas, PO, SMP. I also don't mind having two of the sames models as long as they differ somewhat, color or era. Looking at new Omegas now, and I see you have one, I wouldn't mind adding a new Seamaster SMP black on bracelet to go with my 06 Bond SMP. I think it's probably the bang for a diver anywhere and the new mvmt and bracelet is more than top notch.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Seikosha
996 Posts
I was offered a stainless datejust and I passed

·
Registered
515 Posts
Buy and sell.

Jim

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
You know Si,
I had a 69 speedy and sold off a lot of pieces to fund a massive gap fee for a young sons big operation.
Did not think twice and like all of us, would do again in a heartbeat.
I'm as you know a huge fan of the omega brand and have ordered a 1200 steel like yours.
An SD43 is on order,.but I'm a wearer, so no uplift after purchase I don't believe after being belted by me on any of my Rolex.
There are a lot of collectors that have trod your path and to me it's the correct one.
There is also a heap of guys that collect them and are knowledgeable and don't become painful in posing off that brand.
We both know heaps of great blokes with terrific brands and Rolex is held high but not the only brand in most collections.
Any way mate and apologies for long response my friend.
However a fella i knew well fell from a high height to great lows and now a resident behind the government's motel.
I saw him just before, he went down and I said why mate..why??
He goes I'll give you a saying I forgot to keep doing.
" Just because you can! Does not mean you Should!!
Good on you mate, a choice easily made to enjoy and not look back...
Nearly a bloody sermon!!
Ha I know you'll get it mate
Dave
Preach it brother - wisdom right there
but I blame you - cos if you hadnt got me on the Plop thenI would still be hankering after the SD
but the desire has just evapourated - totally - weird

Reactions: DaveandStu

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
I am much more enamored of this Omega than the Rolex SD or Sub.

View attachment 15933829
That's what we're talking about
I own about 40 watches - have owned n moved many more and there is just nothing like these if ur into large sports watches - awesome

Reactions: DaveandStu

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
Preach it brother - wisdom right there
Plus Si,
I bloody love that Ploprof on your wrist!!!
I've nothing against the R's when they were bread and butter way back when.
Wearing a crakka with true history that fits your mit perfectly..just GOLD.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Wearing a crakka with true history that fits your mit perfectly..just GOLD.
bang on
"The clever men at Oxford, know all that there is to be knowed. But they none of them know one half as much, as intelligent Mr. Toad."(wind in the willows)

·
Premium Member
7,615 Posts
Yes..true that is mate.
To wear what you enjoy is far better than to wear what you can have..but not enjoy!!
Not a closed door either,.I would believe.
Time and place.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Good on you for passing on the Rolex and you didnt just buy it as it had a crown on the dial. A lot of people really want that watch so you just know someone got the call and its made their week. Bonus points for the ploprof as well. Its a mental watch but I love it. My wrist can't pull one off though.

As to your next watch, how about a 300MC.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts