WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had a Casio Classic on year 1982 when was at college. That was my first Casio watch. It was very simple model, with the tiny light-bulb emits yellow light. Compare to Fogman I have now like little David in front of Goliath. Lost it long time ago and cannot post picture.
------------------------------------------------
Update:
Thanks Kpatt for the vintage link that I found my first and lost Casio watches:
This is my first Casio watch F11:

Then later on year 1993 I had bought the below one at JCpenny for $100 and lost it on 1997 (broken resin band). I also lost lot of contact phone number in this one:

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi asuoab,
I had a dw-1000 from the late 80's. I can't remember if there was a calculator watch before or after that (didn't wear it much either, just used it for the hell of it). Unfortuanately, both went by the wayside, so no pics:-( .

Hindsight is 20/20.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Resinbandit,

Some vintage Casio models had a nicer look than contemporary model, I don't know why Casio did not re-produce them. They could make a great profit on that like Longines and Omega.

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
I'm not sure, but I think I had my very first casio watch about 29/27 years ago (something in the age between eight and ten), a gift from my father. can't remember anymore what happend to that watch, but after that I never had a digital watch again until april 2005...

regards, holger

·
Banned
211 Posts
I had a Casio Game watch back in 80s. It was a race car game and I missed it so much..:-( Also had a Casio melody watch. Those were the good old days..

·
Registered
394 Posts
I can't remember when I got my first Casio watch, but I do know I got my first G-Shock in '92 and it was very huge and awkward on my wrist

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
2006 for me. I'm a newbie.

Over the last 20 or so years, I've had a ton of cheap digitals and the occasional analog quartz. They were throwaways from Timex and Freestyle and etc. Never anything I put much thought into. Somehow, I got bit by a watch bug about 3 years ago and focused on Mechanical watches. My main interest remains auto divers (as of this moment);-) . I got my first and only G (G2300-9V) 6 months ago. I don't think I'll ever "collect" them, but I'll probably always have one in my stable. I find the combination of toughness and functionality very compelling.

--steve

·
Moderator G-Shock Forum
21,587 Posts
I believe my DW-004 I bought in June 2000 was my first Casio watch. I even didn't know it was Casio, but the G-Shock designs atracted me very much. Before that I had several cheep Timex and less known digital watches. I got my first digital watch at the end of the 70's ('77 or '78). In that time these watches were extreme expensive (well, €35.- doesn't sound expensive anymore now, but back then you could buy quiet a lot other things) and had only a time and date function.

Cheers,

Sjors

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Hi Resinbandit,

Some vintage Casio models had a nicer look than contemporary model, I don't know why Casio did not re-produce them. They could make a great profit on that like Longines and Omega.

Agreed asuoab.
Perhaps Casio realise this and re-issued the dw-5500 homage model (the g-5500)? As you said other makers have done this (I'll also add the TAG Monaco I mentioned in another thread) so maybe casio should put out some screw back 5x00 to keep people happy:) .

Can you imagine it; a screw back tough solar, wave-ceptor 5600 like some here have mentioned. There'd be dancing in the streets:-d ;-)

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
I had a couple of Timex cheapies in the 70's and I believe a Casio cheap thin digital in the early 80's. I replaced it, after graduating high school and getting enough money from a summer job, with a real nice diver watch. It was a Seiko 6309. My first G shock was purchased a few years later and I wore it around town. My 6309 diver went underground and survived 13 years of absolutely unreal abuse. My g shock got froze to death while ice fishing. After my old beat up 6309 was stolen from my mine hook I purchased another g shock and had that for a while. I had gotten away from Casio for a few years but got back into it in the fall of 2005 and now have several g shocks.

cheers,
Tim

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I had my first casio in the late 70's. I think it was a Casiotron.

I think it looked like this one without all the cracks.

I acquired my first G-shock this year and I'm so glad I did ! Don't know why I waited so long..trying to recapture my youth with old Casios I guess.

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Yup, my first Casio looked something like that too. That was the offical watch type of high schoolers back in the day. As long as it was cheap, told the time and didn't fall of your wrist, it was ok. If ya got a year out of it, you spent another 10 bucks for another. Back in high school, our money went ... let's just say...other places.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I think it was in 1982 when i get my first Casio. And this is a picture of one of the same model.

Lost due a broken strap, MIA

In 1985 get my first G-shock, it was maybe a DW-5600C because I can remember clearly and I lost it due to a broken strap too and the worst side of the story is that I see where falls but there were no way to rescue it. After a storm it vanish from my view.
Greetings.

·
Registered
23 Posts
i think i had my first casio in the mid 90's. it was a silver plastic data bank with a stainless steel band. it had two buttons below the display. before that i've had a number of digital watches but i can't remember if any of them was a casio or not. my first g-shock was in either late 2004 or early 2005. it was a navy blue g2110. i was so obsessed with the toughness of the watch that i would throw it against concrete walls. one day i threw it like i was a pitcher throwing a baseball and that was all she wrote. the display was all screwed up and the watch was useless.

·
Registered
774 Posts
my first casio was a g-7000 i think in 2004

here it is
and my first good watch was back in the 80's was a green citizen windsurfing watch then the same watch in yellow a year later and i still have this watch today and it still works
but i have always had a watch of some sort i used to buy with my pocket money, the more features it had the more i liked it

·
Registered
174 Posts
1984 or 1985. It was a 100M digital watch with alarm, timer, stopwatch. It lasted 3 years before the battery ran out.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts