WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
I would keep well away. It is one of the hundreds of imaginatively re-dialled watches, usually pocket watch conversions, coming out of Ukraine at the moment. They must be churning these out on an industrial scale.

Dave

·
Registered
453 Posts
Interesting piece, but as a daily beater only. The bid of $60 US is just about right, it would have no resale value whatsoever, IMO.

·
Zenith Forum Co-moderator
19,413 Posts
Well, at a movement serial number of 3.9 million (39xxxxxx), I'd almost be inclined to think that the case is original to the movement! The movement dates to the late forties, at which time Zenith certainly was making wrist watches, some of them large (for military purposes). However, there is no doubt that the dial isn't original to the watch - or if it is, it has been severely tampered with. The movement also doesn't look as clean as it ought to, so I'd stay well clear.

Hartmut Richter

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
Is it a Zenith?

·
Registered
6,150 Posts
I love Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder was really at his best, as was the rest of the cast.

As Hartmut mentioned, the movement and the case are real. Unless you have tried to "make" a watch from parts, you won't realize how hard it is to find a case that was not made for the movment actually fit a movement.

I really love the dial, but it is, at a minimum, a re-dial.

Wouldn't be bad as a daily beater, but I wouldn't pay much for it.
Cheers!

Dan

·
Registered
7,751 Posts
I love Young Frankenstein. Gene Wilder was really at his best, as was the rest of the cast.

As Hartmut mentioned, the movement and the case are real. Unless you have tried to "make" a watch from parts, you won't realize how hard it is to find a case that was not made for the movment actually fit a movement.

I really love the dial, but it is, at a minimum, a re-dial.

Wouldn't be bad as a daily beater, but I wouldn't pay much for it.
Cheers!

Dan
Yeah, that was a hilarious movie ... a great cast at the top of their game. Actually what you say might be true, not a bad buy if he gets it at a reasonable price.

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Movement is real, Dial is real Case is not it is made to fit a pocket watch movement. Its a cross over from pocket to wrist. I own an IWC like this. They are actually neat pieces. Very big watch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts