WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, hello. First, yes, I did use the search function. I have come across several 2531.80 that sold for about $1500~ to $1750~ for good used pieces. However, recently, I found one that looked virtually untouched, like a safe-queen, being offered for $2350. I think it might be from 2007 (?) based on the presence of Omega's anti-counterfeit logo on the caseback, which I don't think was used in the 2530.80 until its last few years right? It has boxes and papers, and the seller is reputable. The eBay listing is accepting offers, but I didn't want to offer too low of a price. I just don't have a frame of reference, I'm not sure what a fair price would be for this watch in like new condition.

At the same time, the seller actually has a 2220.80 listed in similar condition for the same price, with the difference being he is firm on the price and is not accepting offers for it. Would you take the 2220.80 over the 2531.80? I can get myself a ceramic Seamaster at this range, so I don't know how I feel about the price, but I figure that's not too bad a bargain for a great condition watch.

I'm inexperienced with shopping for used Bond Seamasters so I was hoping for some advice on pricing and what to look for.

·
Premium Member
7,525 Posts
Sounds like you mean the SMP, no Seamaster 300. Yes, the naming scheme is confusing on Omegas.

Reactions: zalhera

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ah yes, sorry, I do mean the SMP. There's way too many Seamasters and Speedmasters out there, I get confused with the names!
Thanks for the recommendation to look at watchrecon, I didn't know about that before. Exelonman seems to have great prices with good condition, perhaps I'll wait for something to come up from him again.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Ah yes, sorry, I do mean the SMP. There's way too many Seamasters and Speedmasters out there, I get confused with the names!
Thanks for the recommendation to look at watchrecon, I didn't know about that before. Exelonman seems to have great prices with good condition, perhaps I'll wait for something to come up from him again.
Thanks for the help.
I've bought from Excelonman in the past and recommend him. Good Luck! WatchvaultNYC is also very good, but make an offer based on what you see on watchrecon - their prices leave room for best offers. I've bought a pair of matching SMP quartz from there (Jerome) at a very fair price.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Argh it feels like no one is selling them. I sent a message to Excelonman, hopefully that leads to something. The prices on ebay feel a bit higher than they ought to be.

·
Registered
130 Posts
eBay usually is cause they have to worry about the 10% and the 3.5% PayPal thats why being here is the best and you can support your fellow collector !

·
Registered
5,471 Posts
Contact Serge at chitownwatch.com or David at davidsw.com and see if they can source a new one with warranty at their usual 30-35% off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 for DavidSW. I've bought three watches from him. He's great and straight to the point.

Last week, I bought a Rolex SeaDweller from sohAIS (Aamir) on www.rolexforums.com. He took the cake. Fantastic seller--and he's also able to procure Omega. Can't recommend him highly enough.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts