WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
Doxa 300T Pro / Bulova Lunar Pilot Black / Seiko PADI SNE499 / Seiko PADI Arnie / Enoksen DeepDive
269 Posts
See I got in there quick!

:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
42,441 Posts
Interesting, but unimpressive until I actually see one......

·
Registered
177 Posts
These are the most un-Doxa-looking Doxa's I have ever seen.

I mean that in a very bad way.
I really have never understood this critique.

Doxa releases an almost 1-for-1 reissue of a watch from their past and people criticize it and say it doesn’t look like a Doxa. Feels like, for some people, all they want Doxa to have are the 300(T) lines in their catalogue.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I really have never understood this critique.

Doxa releases an almost 1-for-1 reissue of a watch from their past and people criticize it and say it doesn’t look like a Doxa. Feels like, for some people, all they want Doxa to have are the 300(T) lines in their catalogue.
The 300 is the iconic one, it's the one everyone fell in love with. It's the one Cousteau immortalized. It's the one with the no deco bezel. It has the unique case shape. It has the unmistakeable color scheme with matching bezel indices. It's the one.

When you release something that has basically none of these qualities besides the colors then yes, it's not good at all. Even the beads of rice are gone. Not good. Ugly. A waste.

·
Registered
177 Posts
The 300 is the iconic one, it's the one everyone fell in love with. It's the one Cousteau immortalized. It's the one with the no deco bezel. It has the unique case shape. It has the unmistakeable color scheme with matching bezel indices. It's the one.

When you release something that has basically none of these qualities besides the colors then yes, it's not good at all. Even the beads of rice are gone. Not good. Ugly. A waste.
Doxa is trying to not be a micro brand. Releasing only one sort of watch like you’d have them do is a tremendous way to limit growth. You don’t like the 600T, fine. But many do, and many will buy them. I have zero clue how it’s a “waste” other than you personally don’t like it.

As much as we all love the 300 (and I do as well—I’ve had numerous of them), we’d be kidding ourselves if we think it’s not a polarizing watch. I don’t fault Doxa from reviving a watch from their past.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Doxa is trying to not be a micro brand. Releasing only one sort of watch like you’d have them do is a tremendous way to limit growth. You don’t like the 600T, fine. But many do, and many will buy them. I have zero clue how it’s a “waste” other than you personally don’t like it.

As much as we all love the 300 (and I do as well—I’ve had numerous of them), we’d be kidding ourselves if we think it’s not a polarizing watch. I don’t fault Doxa from reviving a watch from their past.
Agree to disagree.

I think the models posted above with the plain bezels are some of the worse-looking watches I have seen all year.

·
Registered
877 Posts
Don't see anything wrong with broadening the product range - and the 300 shape wasn't unique to Doxa - I'm assuming the 600s sold well enough when they were first issued ...anyone any info on that? That pic looks more like the back of a bracelet!
Lots of folk don't like the 300 style case (I know - they are strange) - perhaps this may be the Doxa for them. If a steel version of the Time and Tide Ti then its flat case probably won't wear very well on my skinny wrist ...which is a shame for me, but good for my wallet.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts