WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, what does everyone think is going to happen with the FO serial? I'm 987 on the list, so no chance for me with the available 200 or so. Can I expect to see it offered again (hopefully soon) with, maybe, a Durowe movement? From a historical perspective (I'm a total newb), what would the implications be, changing to that movement (if any)?

Should I hold out for....goodness knows how long, or pull the trigger on a Marine or 'regular' flieger? I'm jonesing for a Stowa and am now at a loss with the FO serial gone for the foreseeable future.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I'm in the same position as you, being number 577 on the list. I'm hanging in there. As I said in the other thread, STOWA have expressions of interest of over 1 million EUR that they will not be able to satisfy, this is a big deal for a small company like STOWA. If you read that thread, you will see the Joerg ordered a lot of other components (dials, hands, cases) in anticipation of receiving the movements and I am sure that he will not want to sit on this inventory without any sales.

I'm sure that we will see a FO in some shape or form in the future - whether with the current modified 6497, a Durowe or some other suitable movement.

·
Vendor
921 Posts
Hello,

we do everything to realize our dream to have this TOP Watch available for everybody.

But i can say that this needs a lot more time than we supposed.

I realy can´t say how long - but i am sure that we need to at least to the end of the year to clear up everything and to start maybe a new production with a new supplier.

Still if we find a new supplier or the former find a solution we need a few months to fix everything.

So it is still not impossible to find a solution but impossible to say a timeframe.

For this i recommend to everybody: don´t wait to be satiesfied with a other STOWA model or a competitors watch.

I think it is better to tell the true than to keep people waiting to long in a unsecure situation.

This was my intention when i finished the reservation list and only planing with existing reseources!

As hard as it is for all of us.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
I just recieved the email letting me know that my Antea KS will be ready to ship within the next few days, & I will continue to wait patiently until something positive happens with the FO. I am on the tail end of that list, but I don't mind. I'm sure someday, sooner or later, I will have a Flieger.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I just recieved the email letting me know that my Antea KS will be ready to ship within the next few days, & I will continue to wait patiently until something positive happens with the FO. I am on the tail end of that list, but I don't mind. I'm sure someday, sooner or later, I will have a Flieger.

Hey, 81, if you don't mind my asking, how long have you been waiting for your Antea KS? I ordered mine at the beginning of March, and at that time the delivery date was early May. Based on general experience and the known issues this year, I didn't really expect delivery then, but last update I got from Stowa recently said that it was still delayed, and that they couldn't give me an estimated time. Curious to learn of your experience. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Let's see........

The date on the order confirmation I printed out is April 24th. Yesterday I recieved the email telling me that my watch will be ready for shipping in about 10 days.

So about 2 months, if you ordered yours in March I think you should of had it by now. I would drop Jorg an email to inquire whats up.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thanks for the response. Truly glad you're getting your KS, but apparently being skipped doesn't make me happy. I'll email Stowa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts