WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Looks like a whole lotta awesome to me! Love the new oversized crown! Love the bracelet -- looks gorgeous! Thanks for the excellent photos too. Enjoy your great new Anonimo :)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Its a lovely piece, have always loved the Polluce & Mille's on bracelet.

That said, I find the new 2010/11 dial of the mille a little too cluttered. Just my opinion. I think you'll still love the watch though

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its a lovely piece, have always loved the Polluce & Mille's on bracelet.

That said, I find the new 2010/11 dial of the mille a little too cluttered. Just my opinion. I think you'll still love the watch though
to each his own.:) i like that it now has where it is made on the face.

·
Registered
3,240 Posts
Sweet! :p Looking good, wear it well an thanks for sharing, but we are missing a wrist shot though. ;-) :-!

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
Black dial, SS bracelet...honestly, it looks rather ordinary (rather than extraordinary)--just got a yellow dial Mille that I had the same reaction to, and will soon be flipping...you are right, though, to each his own.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
So not Gwynneth Paltrow's head then?
rimshot!

But seriously, tough crowd in here tonight. Dial too cluttered, watch too ordinary... tell you what, that bracelet is going to make more of a statement than plenty of other whole watches.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The bracelet and crown more than make up for it I think. I just feel that compared to the old dial its lost a little bit of its symmetry

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Come on guys... Be corteous, is just a Great looking watch in a plus with the bracelet... always bracelet is a good companion to any Anonimo.

Really nice my friend wear it and enjoy it in the best of health !

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
:-dif anonimo had this style before and then changed it there would be as many people complaining that they took the "anonimo" off the face or the "handcrafted in firenze". some of the complaining is probably due to the fact that it dates somebody's watch a little bit. like a newly designed automobile. nobody wants to have to buy another one to stay up to date.

as for the clutter, i prefer my watches to say "made in germany" "handcrafted in firenze" or "handcrafted by a child in china". i like that it says anonimo. the company was poorly marketing itself in the past and that is why they got into financial trouble. the new owners are doing a better job of getting the name out there.

as for the plain look. i wear a shirt and tie everyday and this is about as casual as i can go at work for my own taste. i like the black because i can wear it with everything. my second anonimo will probably have clown orange in it so i can wear it on the weekend.

i do find it funny that the public forum is much friendlier about the comments than the anonimists here.:-d

but in the end i love honesty. i can be brutally honest as well. so keep it coming.

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
TK-421: "The new owners are doing a better job of getting the name out there"
"I do find it funny that the public forum is much friendlier about the comments than the anonimists here.:-d"

YOu are totally right

·
Registered
10,698 Posts
My apologies to anyone who felt an honest opinion was the equivalent of an insult, or and act of "unfriendliness". If you equate "friendliness" with unequivocal cheers of jubilant celebratory praise every time someone buys a new watch and shows it here on the forum, then I guess this sometimes might seem like an unfriendly place. If, however, one is looking for a wide range of freely expressed views, coming from people with a variety different tastes, and values, who offer their true and honest opinions about what is presented here, then I think this might be a good place to get that kind of feedback. Personally, I value both positive and negative comments--perhaps negatives even more than positives, as they often help me see things without the rose colored shades that I had on when I first made a particular purchase, and sometimes provide me with useful alternative perspectives--perspectives that I can learn from, as a member of the collective experience here. Or, should I just say, "Oh wow, great watch--sure wish I had it!" Is that a more useful reaction, even if it is not the truth?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
I think it's a great looking dive watch, and am a fan of the new dial.

Stainless with a black dial is my fave & that dial is a lot less busy than many high end brands out there (Breitling for ex).

The new crown and dial are great. As mentioned the Anonimo bracelet is so good looking, it might burn your eyes if you stare too long! :-d

Seriously - excellent watch. An extreme daily wearer IMHO. |>

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My apologies to anyone who felt an honest opinion was the equivalent to an insult, or and act of "unfriendliness". If you equate "friendliness" with unequivocal cheers of jubilant celebratory praise every time someone buys a new watch and shows it here on the forum, then I guess this sometimes might seem like an unfriendly place. If, however, one is looking for a wide range of freely expressed views, coming from people with a variety different tastes, and values, who offer their true and honest opinions about what is presented here, then I think this might be a good place to get that kind of feedback. Personally, I value both positive and negative comments--perhaps negatives even more than positives, as they often help me see things without the rose colored shades that I had on when I first made a particular purchase, and sometimes provide me with useful alternative perspectives--perspectives that I can learn from, as a member of the collective experience here. Or, should I just say, "Oh wow, great watch--sure wish I had it!" Is that a more useful reaction?
i like the honesty. seriously. i love to debate/argue and discuss. that is why i come here. when someone asks on a thread, "is this watch too big for me?" it usually is too big (that is why they are asking) most people say it looks great! but it usually looks like an oreo cookie strapped to a pencil. i tell them the truth.

as for critiquing my watch, i see a point to all of them. there are pros and cons to each watch. for my first anonimo this was the type that will see most wrist time because of work. i also love the bracelet.
|>

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Black dial, SS bracelet...honestly, it looks rather ordinary (rather than extraordinary)--just got a yellow dial Mille that I had the same reaction to, and will soon be flipping...you are right, though, to each his own.
i saw a yellow mille on-line and almost purchased. the price was soooo good. but when i saw one in person, it was way toooo pale.

what didn't you like about it?

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Congrats on your new arrival TK!!!

Gorgeous piece, and always love this case on the awesome OEM Anonimo Bracelet!!!:-!

Yes, there's more script on the dial...but I think it is still quite reserved and classic. Love the new crown design too!!!|>

Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
That is a great looking Anonimo!!!

Love the dial, crown and bracelet!!!!

Awesome!!!! :-!:-!:-!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts