WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Socks are designed to be worn on the feet, but what happens if you don't change pairs every once in awhile?
Your feet stink but that has nothing to do with a watch. If you read the end of my post you would see that in this conversation the only opinion that matters when it comes to my watches is mine.

Reactions: Ard

·
Registered
62 Posts
I got a dual winder a while back, but at this point I only keep my Orient Mako in it. I don't wear it much during the week, so it regularly would wind down, and it is kind of a pain to set day/date with both screw down crown and screw down pusher. The rest I just decided that setting them when I pick them up isn't that bad.

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I keep the watches that are hardest to set quickly - Moonphases. So I have the Oris Sinatra Classic Complication, WUS Chinese Forum Moonphase Project, and the Christopher Ward C9.

View attachment 8820202
I do indeed like that CW. moon phase, my choice came down to one of them or the Ball and the tritium moon won this time. I may get another but am not sure about that. Still the CW's are very attractive to my eye.

Ard

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
I do indeed like that CW. moon phase, my choice came down to one of them or the Ball and the tritium moon won this time. I may get another but am not sure about that. Still the CW's are very attractive to my eye.

Ard
I also love the Ball Moonphase. Or the Arnold & Son, although I won't be getting one of those anytime soon!

·
Registered
5,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Well you got me Googling with that name drop!!! OMG!

Fortunately the Perpetual Moon with blue face and gold case is a 42mm case which is beyond my comfort zone so I won't be putting that 29,000 dollar watch on my to do list. Honestly........... I can't say I like that any more than the Ball. If Ball would step up and add a well decorated movement to the watch I have at a reasonable markup I'd have to upgrade to that model even though I can't see it while wearing the watch. The view back case is in fact rather unremarkable with the movement being quite plain.

I'd say you have one of the better moon watches in owning the Christopher Ward C-9 as far as an affordable watch goes. I've seen some extraordinary examples of the moon complication but they were way beyond what I could justify in cost regardless my net worth which currently makes me a Ball or CW. type :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Your feet stink but that has nothing to do with a watch. If you read the end of my post you would see that in this conversation the only opinion that matters when it comes to my watches is mine.
I think you missed the analogy. It's not what happens to your feet, it's what happens to the pair of socks. Socks on feet = watches on winders.

But you're right - it's up to you. I'd gladly fight for your right to wear the same pair of socks for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I put all my mechanicals in the winder, because, heck, I can't be bothered to set anything when I reach for a watch. I just slap it on the wrist and get on with my life.

Thing is...my collection is about to expand, and I'm considering purchasing another winder to accommodate the new pieces coming in. Anyone have a similar dilemma?

Reactions: Ard

·
Registered
403 Posts
I have a 3 space winder populated by the 3 Russian watches which don't have a quick set date function......o|

I don't mind spinning back an forth between 10 and 2 for a couple of days (that could be taken wrong....lol), but before I had the winder it seemed like they were off by a week or more whenever I choose to wear one of them. :roll:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts