WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for some ideas. I've been thinking SS Daytona (black) or maybe something completely different.

*My Sinn U1 is missing from this pic, sorry. It was in my dive bag ready for the next day.

·
Registered
9,883 Posts
A chrono makes sense based on your current collection. Rolex, Omega, Zenith and Tag would be where I would concentrate my search, again based on your collection. The Daytona is always a good choice and fortunately don't command the premium they did a few years ago. I am a bigger fan of the white Daytonas but that is just a purely subjective issue.

Reactions: BusyTimmy

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A chrono makes sense based on your current collection. Rolex, Omega, Zenith and Tag would be where I would concentrate my search, again based on your collection. The Daytona is always a good choice and fortunately don't command the premium they did a few years ago. I am a bigger fan of the white Daytonas but that is just a purely subjective issue.
I like the white Daytona too, but I've already got my white SS sports watch covered with the Explorer II. The black looks dressier, white sportier.

To qualify things a bit, I'm looking for something in between sports and dress. A watch that can go either way. The SubLV is great for weekends and as a party piece, but sometimes a black SS piece just seems to be a better fit. I was originally thinking 5711 or 15202, but 1) I'm not sure I want to spend that much and 2) I think I want a chrono. Plus I like how rugged Rolex sports watches are.

EDIT: and I prefer the fit of the Daytona over the Speedy. Same with the VC Overseas. I just find most watches too big.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
I like the white Daytona too, but I've already got my white SS sports watch covered with the Explorer II. The black looks dressier, white sportier.

To qualify things a bit, I'm looking for something in between sports and dress. A watch that can go either way. The SubLV is great for weekends and as a party piece, but sometimes a black SS piece just seems to be a better fit. I was originally thinking 5711 or 15202, but 1) I'm not sure I want to spend that much and 2) I think I want a chrono. Plus I like how rugged Rolex sports watches are.

EDIT: and I prefer the fit of the Daytona over the Speedy. Same with the VC Overseas. I just find most watches too big.
I'm going to suggest the LE Zenith El Primero 410, if still available. Beautiful watch with a sunburst gray dial. (42mm though). Would post a pic but I'm on my iPad right now!

·
Registered
415 Posts
GS Snow Flake

Reactions: Noam the Newt

·
Registered
458 Posts
What a beautiful, well-rounded and complete collection you have! Congratulations.

Why not another JLC? Have a look at their Master Compressor and Master Control lines. Perhaps a Zenith El Premiero?

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I think that it's best spent away of GS. If you like military dials, try a chrono avenger by Breitling as a daily chronograph. Or the new superocean chronograph steelfish by Breitling with the day date. But if you're lucky to find an older superocean chronograph in white/blue subdials , it has the older 42mm size with classic steel bezel with rider tabs and font numbers.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Normally I would say absolutely to the Daytona but then your collection will be Rolex heavy. The usual culprits come to mind from Omega, Breitling, & JLC but size seems to be an issue. How about the Jack Heuer Carerra Chronograph?

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
I'm going to suggest the LE Zenith El Primero 410, if still available. Beautiful watch with a sunburst gray dial. (42mm though). Would post a pic but I'm on my iPad right now!
this one:

zenith-el-primero-410-le-2.jpg

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
Nice collection! I'd go for an Omega Speedmaster, Zenith El Primero, Rolex Daytona, JLC Deep Sea Chronograph or maybe an IWC flieger chronograph of some sort.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
A chronograph seems to be in order. It would be really hard to argue with the Daytona, but to me personally, I do not think it brings anything more to the table than a Speedy Pro or Zenith El Primero, but weighs in at twice the price. But I'd start with that trifecta, try on all the varieties and see where you stand. Glashutte Original and JLC would be viable chronograph options as well.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
G-Shock? Hey, someone had to mention it.

I'm on team chrono: Zenith El Primero, IWC Portuguese, Tudor Heritage, TAG Carrera Jack Heuer, Hamilton Pan Europe would all play well with your other pieces. If you wanted to get a bit funky, you could look at the Longines Master Collection Retrograde, Breitling Navitimer or Omega Speedmaster panda.

-hayday

1 - 20 of 39 Posts