WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says :). I have loved my watch for quite some time now. She needs a bit of TLC. lol

And I'm not sure if I want to yet or not, but I may sell her off and try something different. Any ideas what she'd be worth?

Thanks all.

image6.JPG image5.JPG image4.JPG image3.JPG image2.JPG image1.JPG

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Do a search here on the sales forum. I'm sure there's been more than a few sold over the past few months. Also you could look it up on "Watch Recon". As for servicing, any reputable watch repair guy could look at it.

·
Registered
36,311 Posts
Do a search here on the sales forum. I'm sure there's been more than a few sold over the past few months. Also you could look it up on "Watch Recon". As for servicing, any reputable watch repair guy could look at it.
steinhart - WatchRecon

Probably get a couple hundred for it, provided it keeps time ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you all for the info.

I have contacted steinhart in the past about servicing and their response was that it would be best to find someone local. Sadly, the fellow I used in the past Is no longer available to me. And being in a bit of a remote area doesn't give me any options other than sending it away.

Thank you you for the link to watchrecon. I will have a look over there.

Wood chipper lol. Ya I've worn this watch a lot over the last 5 years. Really well loved. No complaints about it whatsoever.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
That looks like one of the early Ocean 1 Vintage Red models that came with the Hesalite high dome crystal.

Why don't you get a bottle of Polywatch and polish that crystal before you do anything.

If it does not come out to your expectations you can search for someone to source a Hesalite Crystal for it to you can send it back to Steinhart and they will replace the Hesalite with a Sapphire domed crystal.

I personally like the Hesalite myself.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Contact Al at Archer Watches. He's a forum member, great watchmaker and located in the GTA. He serviced my Speedmaster and did a fantastic job.

Sent via Western Union using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Contact Al at Archer Watches. He's a forum member, great watchmaker and located in the GTA. He serviced my Speedmaster and did a fantastic job.
Excellent advise. I completely forgot about AL Archer.

While I've never personally used his services, everything I have ever read or heard about him was spectacular.

I suggest to anyone who does not have a good local watchmaker to send their watch to Mr Archer for service. He seems to be extremely thorough and precise.
I'd suggest going to his website and taking a look around. He has a fantastic blog page where he posts pictures and descriptions of step by step watch repairs of some pretty interesting repair jobs.

This is his website below.

www.ArcherWatches.ca

This is his blog page.

Archer Watches Blog

This is his Facebook page.

Archer Watches Facebook

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow. Thank you guys so much. Thats great! I will absolutely contact Al.

I did contact Steinhart. They gave me instruction on sending it to them for repair / service.

However I do rather like the idea of supporting a local here in Canada. And at the end of the day it will likely end up cheaper too :). Especially with our dollar being so crazy right now.

Thank you all again. Truly appreciate the information.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Wow. Thank you guys so much. Thats great! I will absolutely contact Al.

I did contact Steinhart. They gave me instruction on sending it to them for repair / service.

However I do rather like the idea of supporting a local here in Canada. And at the end of the day it will likely end up cheaper too :). Especially with our dollar being so crazy right now.

Thank you all again. Truly appreciate the information.
If Steinhart offered to have you send it back to them then I would probably send it to Steinhart. Many times they will offer you free return shipping and they don't charge very much to repair their watches. Sometimes they just warranty the job even through it has expired or it is not a warranty covered item. They are very customer oriented and I would say that no one is better than the original company when it comes to repairing their own watches.

If you do decide to send it to AL I'm sure you will be satisfied with the work but I think you will end up paying a little more.

·
Registered
47 Posts
For that reason alone, i'd keep it and just get it gussied up a bit...has character and well earned mileage. Looks super!! But, your call.

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
2dark, be sure to make use of the online sales sites linked, you should get a good idea. Another sales site to peruse is chrono24, have a look. One bit of advice, don't ask Steinhart to value your watch, you will get a polite 'sorry but we do not do that' reply....|>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts