934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
post them link pics !!

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Heard there is a new Seiko SNOW Monster? very interesting

might want to check this out:

SEIKO SNOW MONSTER LIMITED EDITION 200 DIVER 2011 MODEL - eBay (item 160543686047 end time Feb-15-11 20:02:21 PST)

SEIKO SNOW MONSTER DIVER’S 200m AUTOMATIC LIMITED EDITION

The Seiko Snow Monster is one of the watches in the Seiko Monster Diver Collection. This collection features water resistance 200 meters diver’s watches in 7 colors: Black, Orange, Yellow, Blue, Red, Green, Prince Monster (in Pink Gold and Black), and the 2011 version in White. The Snow Monster is a 2555 unit limited edition designed by Mr.Satoru Monjugawa. The clean and cool color was inspired by snow in the beutiful winter of Japan that covered by the blue sky. Due to limited production, it becomes hard to find among the SEIKO diver’s collectors worldwide.

Specifications:

Movement: Seiko 7S36B automatic winding in both directions; 23 jewels; 21600 bph; non hacking; non manual winding; quickset day/date.
Water Resistant : 200m
Case: Stainless steel; diam. 42mm; thickness 12mm; brushed finish with polished scallops with polished screw down back; unidirectional brushed steel dive bezel;
Crown: Screw down crown.
Dial: White dial with matt finish; applied white metal markers with luminous (Lumibrite) application; hands in gloss white with Lumibrite fill on black edge. Blue second hand.
Bracelet: Solid link stainless steel mirror finish with "All Horning" polished finish; folding pushbutton clasp with safety catch and diver's extension; lug width 20mm
Glass: Sapphire crystal with Cyclops lens

Attachments

·
Registered
28 Posts
never thought I would like a white face, but man that is an awesome combination! The blue on the bezel really makes the whole thing "pop" out at you.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I'm a fan of the Monster. I think it's an amazing value watch at $150 on rubber.
I really like the looks of the Snow Monster. And I would consider owning it at say $200-$250. At $900 - $1000 I'd have to remind myself that it will still perform like it's $150 brothers even if it does look very nice.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts

·
Banned
10,224 Posts
Heard there is a new Seiko SNOW Monster? very interesting

might want to check this out:
This would be my kind of watch, except Seiko feels the need to add a cyclops to all their LE Monsters. WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????????????????????????????

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
Maybe it's just me but why is Seiko trying to emulate G-shocks with it's 3K $ shrouded Diver!? I like the all black sbdx011 and the white limited edition, and even the one that has bronze accents.... but bright indigo..... really? Not a fan of that at all, looks like they are taking a page out of Casio's book, maybe next year we'll see a "Zombie Killer Tuna" (check G-shock forum for zombie killer if you have no idea what I'm talking about)

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
My guess - or perhaps wishful thinking - is that the blue shroud will look better in person than this early shot. The first pics of the White Dolphin LE barely conveyed the real life qualities of that LE. Actually the shroud I bet will come off well; the blue accents on the dial (if my eyes aren't tricking me) give me a little more pause. And interesting Seiko decided to go two-tone on the day/date. :think:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Surely those three aren't the only new models Seiko will be introducing. I've asked, on the HEQ forum, about any rumors concerning announcements of new models at Basel in a month, but nothing seems to be known. Anyone on this forum aware of what we might learn from Seiko at Basel?

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
These are commemorative series, so I'm guess the blue may have some significance.

I like the blue accents on the hands and markers, reminds me of the blue on the SpaceWalk.
But the shroud in blue doesn't work for me.<|

I like the blue seconds hand on the GS. I think blue hands on white dials is best.
But find chrome/silver hands on white PITA to read.

The Ananta by far is the winner here. IMO.
It seems scaled down, nice accents, and the use of normal pushers here work great.|>
The older Anantas are huge, especially with those trumpet pushers.

I guess seeing some new designs from Seiko is a good sign. Hope to see more eventually.
MM next gen or a SS auto Tuna?

Only time will tell.:roll:

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I, for one, would like to see more automatics from both companies. I think that Seiko really dropped the ball on the lastest version of their hackable/handwinding 4r watches. They have a solid movement with attractive features, but their watches were just plain and boring.

As for Citizen, they had some cool watches that came out with their Mecanico series. Good looking watches with new movements. I'd like to see more of that. It's doubtful, however, since Eco-Drive seems to be their biggest and primary focus.

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really don't understand Seiko's corporate thinking with these "limited edition" Monsters.

I suspect that Seiko would make much more by establishing a subscription program where Monster owners could get a new watch each year. I like all the different color Monsters and would buy a new watch each year IF they were sold at a modest premium over the base model black / orange Monsters.

Why is Seiko allowing the watch retailers in Thailand to make a big profit off the popularity of the Monster. I can understand introducing the new Monster models at the Thailand watch show, then allowing world wide distribution.

just doesn't make much marketing sense to me. Guess I'll keep wearing my Orange Monster for an other year.

·
Banned
2,084 Posts
I agree Dave, the Blue Tuna just doesn't get me breathing hard!...The Ananta Chronograph

really is quite the looker man, and that's the one I'd shoot for. :p

Good seeing you Dave!

Jim

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I think that Seiko really dropped the ball on the lastest version of their hackable/handwinding 4r watches. They have a solid movement with attractive features, but their watches were just plain and boring.
Yeah, spec's of +45 to -35 seconds per day does not instill confidence or any desire for me to buy one of these watches.

I'm sure that the real world accuracy is much better, but still... :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

As for Citizen, they had some cool watches that came out with their Mecanico series. Good looking watches with new movements. I'd like to see more of that. It's doubtful, however, since Eco-Drive seems to be their biggest and primary focus.
I agree.

I'd really be interested to see some new watches with the 9000 series caliber.

Here's a link just in case anyone's interested in the caliber and hasn't heard too much about it yet:

Japanese Miyota Targets Swiss ETA With Caliber 9000 Series Watch Movements

1 - 20 of 28 Posts