WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the new GWF-1000 frogman has tough solar, atomic, is huge, and has tide/moon graph, what else do you think Casio can do for their future Frogman range?

Mud-resistant for divers who like to get down and dirty? More alarms? Multiband 8? 300m WR rating? All steel or titanium version?

It seems like the only way Casio can sell more of the Frogman series is by making different colored versions.

·
Registered
5,612 Posts
We went from sun dial to tell time to Casio solar energy and atomic syncing with a flick of a wrist. The next on the Casio technology frontier is a Tough Cell Implant (TCI). This device is implanted into your brain (frontal lobe) to let you tell time with a shake of the head.

I mean, why not? ;-)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the legalities and ethical issues from that are endless! ;-)

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Since the new GWF-1000 frogman has tough solar, atomic, is huge, and has tide/moon graph, what else do you think Casio can do for their future Frogman range?

Mud-resistant for divers who like to get down and dirty? More alarms? Multiband 8? 300m WR rating? All steel or titanium version?

It seems like the only way Casio can sell more of the Frogman series is by making different colored versions.
Unfortunately I think Casio will push the limit again on what some here will pay for a G Shock. It could be an all Ti MRG Frogman for over $ 1000 dollars and some members may try and defend why Its worth it :-s:-s Or maybe a reissue of a classic at some price that will keep it out the hands of most G Shock lovers. :-x:-x

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
you're asking about the next generation of frog- i.e. 3 to 5 years out? my guess is multiband 7 or 8 is a real possibility. perhaps a color screen, or computer interaction (dive info uploads to pc), or... of course... a depth meter! |>

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Frogmen in lots of colours and special editions has worked well for the last 8 years!
Yes that has worked for the last several years when Frog prices were right about 300. Seiya is selling the GWF 1000 for 626 :-( and the one with gold accents should be over 700 I really wonder how many folks are going to buy multiples of these. :think:

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Yes that has worked for the last several years when Frog prices were right about 300. Seiya is selling the GWF 1000 for 626 :-( and the one with gold accents should be over 700 I really wonder how many folks are going to buy multiples of these. :think:
I'm pretty sure that it'll eventually (give it a year) drop to around 450, which still is a significant amount of money of course :think:

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
I like Lester's avatar photo too. What is it?

I never have ideas about what a watch company is going to do next. I can see bringing more Frogs to market in stylish colors like another Tough Culture platform, or lowering the price and getting more sales on Amazon and in stores. But I could also see trying to crack the conventional WIS auto diver market by making it all metal, etc. I have no idea. Either way, it's a great model!

·
Registered
4,883 Posts
Multiband 6 ABC G Shock.

And if MSRP for this one is under 1k I'll be really supprised...

Nuff said...

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Btw Lester, I like your sig quote...

...except that it assumes we know everything we need to know about aerodynamics. :-d
That's very true indeed!!
Once in a while I go searching for a new signature with a nice sound to it ;-)

I like Lester's avatar photo too. What is it?

I never have ideas about what a watch company is going to do next. I can see bringing more Frogs to market in stylish colors like another Tough Culture platform, or lowering the price and getting more sales on Amazon and in stores. But I could also see trying to crack the conventional WIS auto diver market by making it all metal, etc. I have no idea. Either way, it's a great model!
That looks like the Evoluon in Eindhoven (Netherlands) to me :)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evoluon
|> That's right Micha!
I's one of the landmarks of Eindhoven, the city where I was born and raised (and still live). It used to be an exhibition buidling for Philips electronics (also founded in Eindhoven).

Sorry for the off-topic chat !!

·
Registered
13,980 Posts
Hi,
not sure what the next Frog might be but what I'd like to see is:
- all-digital MRG with black DLC-case, sapphire crystal, standard 24mm lugs
- time in all modes
- atomic or even better CSAC (chip-scale-atomic-clock)
- solar of course
- display that can be switched from positive to negative with the press of a button - like it was partially realized on the Duplex-models

And should they make something like this it would probably be too expensive for me anyways :-d.

Greetings, Sedi :)

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm hoping for:

- Mud-resistant without the finger-hurting buttons
- Solar with 3 year power reserve
- GPS chip so that one can down/upload dive locations
- Depth meter
- bigger digits
- Full world time
- bullet-proof rubber compound resin
- louder alarm, and ability to make the alarm sound longer
- multiband 8

and all these package in under $300.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.