WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is the question I was asked by the salesperson when I stepped into a high end watch store wearing my PAM118.
I said, "Can any watch in this store do this?", and I took the watch off my wrist and rolled it like a bowling ball about 20 feet down their carpet!
Then I told her I have worn it to business meetings where senior executives try to steal glances at it till they finally ask to see it, and I have worn it 80 feet below the surface of the ocean.
She just said, "OK, I get it".
That's what's so great about Panerai to me.

·
Registered
28,501 Posts
This is the question I was asked by the salesperson when I stepped into a high end watch store wearing my PAM118.
I said, "Can any watch in this store do this?", and I took the watch off my wrist and rolled it like a bowling ball about 20 feet down their carpet!
Then I told her I have worn it to business meetings where senior executives try to steal glances at it till they finally ask to see it, and I have worn it 80 feet below the surface of the ocean.
Was this a Deadwood, South Dakota; Dodge City, Kansas; or Tombstone, Arizona AD? ;-)

·
Registered
421 Posts
You are braver than I am. I would have just showed her a YouTube clip of someone doing that. Haha

Mitch Hedberg

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
The unique design Panerai create which from 1miles away you can spot that panerai big case and that patent crown guard distinct from other watch.

·
G-Shock Mod
14,339 Posts
I would ask the sales person to show me a few watch and explain to me how are they "better" (with around the same price range)?

·
Banned
306 Posts
The unique design Panerai create which from 1miles away you can spot that panerai big case and that patent crown guard distinct from other watch.

My client told me about this video.

I love Panerais and their bold design. It's also not very common like Rolex which everyone and their grandmother has.

Reactions: Newmanx

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice story. Did you actually roll your watch on the floor? If so, but why?
I really did this. I wanted to demo the ruggedness, and it was on a carpet. I actually try not to pamper it. I like it to show it's character, like the snail trails on an Emerson (private joke).

·
Banned
306 Posts
I really did this. I wanted to demo the ruggedness, and it was on a carpet. I actually try not to pamper it. I like it to show it's character, like the snail trails on an Emerson (private joke).
Can you do this again and post a video :) I want to see this claim that you speak of

·
Premium Member
Something ordinary
17,555 Posts
Knife jokes.....or some other level of private joke?

Interesting approach. I am sure that salesperson talks about it for awhile to come....

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Knife jokes.....or some other level of private joke?

Interesting approach. I am sure that salesperson talks about it for awhile to come....
Many of us passionate about watches are the same about custom knives, and we either love (me) or hate Emerson knives, same as Panerai. "Why do they cost so much, what's so special, there are better values, it's too basic, ..."

·
Registered
314 Posts
Panerai is special. It is awesome watches to be honest.

Sent from my MI 2SC using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 157 Posts