WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
35,106 Posts
Make strap changing life much easier.......

·
Registered
245 Posts
Looks like most members are for them, as am I.
They just make life that much easier for us fat fingered guys!

·
Registered
35 Posts
I don't know why more watches don't have drilled lugs, it seems manufacturing the case would be easier to drill straight through both lugs.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Nice, drilled lugs. Not only does it have that utilitarian retro feel but it is also handy for the many strap changes I plan to do
Is it a retro thing? When I look at older watches they seem to have non-drilled lugs o4 soldered/fixed lugs
The drilled lug thing seems to be a more modern element, for when people started changing straps for every outfit. I'm pretty in olden days most people just had one watch and one strap.
Is there a specific model/s that inspired the drilled lug trend?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I’ve heard that drilled lugs reduces the likelihood of corrosion to the tips of the spring bars and interiors of the lugs, because it will dry out quicker after getting wet. Makes sense to me.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Sports watches/tool watches definitely should have drilled lugs imo. Dress watches not so much. I tend to keep the dress watches on the same strap. The Sports/tool watches get regular strap/bracelet changes, especially during the summer months.
Assuming that i that i was just a one watch person, then that watch would be getting regular strap changes just to spice it up now and again, so drilled lugs are a thumbs up for me 👍

·
Registered
Zelos Mako V3 bronze frost || Casio PRW-7000X || Casio Gulfman GW-9100 || Victorinox INOX Mechanical
365 Posts
I didn't care about drilled lugs until i had a drilled lugs watch. It sure is way easier to change the bracelet/strap, so it makes me want to try more straps.
Now if a watch has it, its a bonus.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Is it a retro thing? When I look at older watches they seem to have non-drilled lugs o4 soldered/fixed lugs
The drilled lug thing seems to be a more modern element, for when people started changing straps for every outfit. I'm pretty in olden days most people just had one watch and one strap.
Is there a specific model/s that inspired the drilled lug trend?
I was thinking about old Submariners and other well-known watches like it. It seems to me that they disappeared over time as aesthetics became a bigger part of watch design and the industry moved to an overall cleaner / more polished look. Especially for luxury watches.

·
Registered
14,309 Posts
I own watches with and without drilled lugs. I think it looks cleaner without drilled lugs.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I always felt drilled lugs look a bit..... well, cheap... a bit low end...Utilitarian with no thought to design. Sorry but thats just it for me. Very "honda civic". Can't imagine you would ever see a Patek with drilled lugs. urgh. No offence intended!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I rarely change straps, and the types of watches I'm into look awful with drilled lugs, so I'm not really a fan. I like the cleaner look of a lug without them.

Reactions: beany_bot

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
nop, not aware :D I practically never change straps and the only times I have done so is on watches where there weren't push pins but when the strap was held in place by screws.
Amazing !

21 - 40 of 71 Posts