WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that their watches go for 135 - 500 dollars on ebay. Meanwhile the Tonino website is only displaying three Spyder watches which is not listed at ebay at all.

Is the Tonino watches sold cheap on ebay authentic? The watches listed on the official site costs 1300 - 1600 dollars on the Forzieri website.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
I'm pretty sure Tonino Lamborghini has little, if anything, to do with Lamborghini automobiles. Maybe a cousin or something. I briefly had a pair of sunglasses and it referenced Lambo sports cars, but did not explicitly say that it was the same company. The same trick is used by other mushroom brands to imply "swissness"

They're your typical Chinese mushroom watches, cranked out by the thousands and branded for whoever wants to buy a few hundred for resale. Some of them are pretty cool-looking, but I would never pay more than what some other fashion brands like Kenneth Cole sell their quartzes for: $70-200

·
Registered
105 Posts
One of my managers at work has one and it was hard not to laugh at it/him. Honest, garbage up close, probably look good in photos.
I agree with you on this one... I have a cousin who picked one up overseas, and I couldn't help but laugh; just looked really cheap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
"Ferrucio Lamborghini died in Perugia in 1993 at age 76. His son Tonino designs a series of designer clothing and accessories under his full name." - From Wikipedia, it probably is accurate but it very well could be false because it's wiki lol

I'd never buy it and think it's overpriced, but it looks legit.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
A TV watch that never made it on TV ;-) .

They sell some of them on Bidz.com .

If you want a nice progressively styled real Italian watch, try Officine Del Tempo. You can and will find bargains on them and they are not real expensive to begin with b-) .

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
"Ferrucio Lamborghini died in Perugia in 1993 at age 76. His son Tonino designs a series of designer clothing and accessories under his full name." - From Wikipedia, it probably is accurate but it very well could be false because it's wiki lol

I'd never buy it and think it's overpriced, but it looks legit.
this is accurate Tonino is Ferrucio's son, and was granted permission to use a variation of the Lamborghini bull logo and name for a product line...they make everything from shoes to golf carts [or at least they used to]...I actually have a pair of Tonino Lamborghini eyeglasses i got on eBay super cheap and they look great [in other words...they are not obnoxious looking] Sometimes Italian design acn get a little off the wall for my tastes...and they pass it off as ahead of its time and avant garde...personally I sometimes think it looks tacky...but i've seen a couple of Tonino watches [not the eBay ones] that look nicely done...

·
Registered
161 Posts
The watches on their website look awesome. Are they only on sale on the bay? now days people will rip off any brand.

·
Registered
678 Posts

·
Registered
23,402 Posts
i'm pretty sure tonino lamborghini has little, if anything, to do with lamborghini automobiles. Maybe a cousin or something. I briefly had a pair of sunglasses and it referenced lambo sports cars, but did not explicitly say that it was the same company. The same trick is used by other mushroom brands to imply "swissness"

they're your typical chinese mushroom watches, cranked out by the thousands and branded for whoever wants to buy a few hundred for resale. Some of them are pretty cool-looking, but i would never pay more than what some other fashion brands like kenneth cole sell their quartzes for: $70-200
+1 ;-)

·
Registered
283 Posts
In my opinion I think the watches have the same brand but it seems that there is low end like the ones on the bay and on bidz which just are decent looking watches with Lamborghini emblem that cost between $100 - $500 and then there is the Spyder that seems to be styled based of the Lamborghini car itself which sells in the $1500 range being the high end of the brand, the official site claims the watches are swiss watches. Here is the link to the site that sells the official watch.

http://www.lamborghiniwatch.com/main.html

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
I have seen the ones on the bay and on bidz but I have to say the Spyder that is on the the Tonino site is sick as hell.
Yeah the Spyder is a pretty insane watch [below]...it looks like they are attempting to bring their watch brand up a bit...because obviously they didn't sell well before [hence all of the ebay watches]

The Spyder is a bit over priced IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
Bought a Tonino Lamborghini Chrono in 2008 from bidz.com as it appealed to me with its size and colour [it had a red face] which was unusual. I did a bit of investigating at the time and it appears the US agent somehow had the right to produce his own watches which were 'Swiss movt' apparently with Swiss Rhonda quartz movements in Chinese cases. These watches do not seem to bear any relationship to those on the Tonino Lamborghini website, but rather seem to have been made in Hong Kong, which is not entirely a bad thing with brands like Zenton originating from there.

So while they were not of a high pedigree and worth nowhere near the reputed 'retail' price of $2-3,000 mine is still my daily beater for about 6 years and I have had a very good experience with it.

1. Extremely comfortable to wear, far nicer than my Tissot PRS 200.
2. Very robust with very few scratches on the case/band and no visible scratches at all on the crystal. It really does seem to be sapphire instead of mineral crystal.
3. Has given no trouble, I only bothered my watchmaker to change batteries twice in 6 years.
4. He advised that the waterproofing was not good without a screw down crown so I avoided water.
5. The accuracy is quite good, for as near as I can tell its less than 0.1-0.2 seconds per day checked against my iPhone.
6. The bracelet is partly ceramic which has not chipped/scratched.
7. Push button security clasp is the best I have ever used, the whole metal link band on par with TAG or similar.
8. Pretty good all-night lume though it is starting to show its age now with hour points definitely fading.

I am looking to replace it now with an automatic 7750 chrono with good lume. Looking, looking.......looking.....

Cheers

·
Registered
9,461 Posts
Bought a Tonino Lamborghini Chrono in 2008 from bidz.com as it appealed to me with its size and colour [it had a red face] which was unusual. I did a bit of investigating at the time and it appears the US agent somehow had the right to produce his own watches which were 'Swiss movt' apparently with Swiss Rhonda quartz movements in Chinese cases. These watches do not seem to bear any relationship to those on the Tonino Lamborghini website, but rather seem to have been made in Hong Kong, which is not entirely a bad thing with brands like Zenton originating from there.

So while they were not of a high pedigree and worth nowhere near the reputed 'retail' price of $2-3,000 mine is still my daily beater for about 6 years and I have had a very good experience with it.

1. Extremely comfortable to wear, far nicer than my Tissot PRS 200.
2. Very robust with very few scratches on the case/band and no visible scratches at all on the crystal. It really does seem to be sapphire instead of mineral crystal.
3. Has given no trouble, I only bothered my watchmaker to change batteries twice in 6 years.
4. He advised that the waterproofing was not good without a screw down crown so I avoided water.
5. The accuracy is quite good, for as near as I can tell its less than 0.1-0.2 seconds per day checked against my iPhone.
6. The bracelet is partly ceramic which has not chipped/scratched.
7. Push button security clasp is the best I have ever used, the whole metal link band on par with TAG or similar.
8. Pretty good all-night lume though it is starting to show its age now with hour points definitely fading.

I am looking to replace it now with an automatic 7750 chrono with good lume. Looking, looking.......looking.....

Cheers
You post all that without any pictures? :what:

Come on man, get your camera out! We want to see this watch now...

Sent from my GT-I8160

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,390 Posts
Can you set the two date displays independently? :think:

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
You post all that without any pictures? :what:

Come on man, get your camera out! We want to see this watch now...

Sent from my GT-I8160
Aren't you glad you asked...??

I, in an Ambian stupor - late one night..., purchased a bottle of Lambo cologne... my shorts smell better!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts