WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering picking one up...I recently found this site and think it's a great resource for my growing habit/obsession. However I noticed that there's no sub-forum for UN? What gives? Are they too small/niche to generate much activity? What is the overall impression of the brand by all of you watch experts/enthusiasts?

·
Registered
978 Posts
Posters normally talk about UN in the high-end forum. I wouldn't worry too much about there not being a subforum. There's no Patek subforum either.

Edit: horrendous typos.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
The deal is that un makes a great watch(I own 3) and is easily my favorite brand. That being said, they do not generate a great deal of conversation here as there are not many un owners here on wus...but it is my understanding that those of us who own the, love them.

Which model has your interest?

Edit for link insert

http://m680.photobucket.com/albumview/albums/novedl/photo-4.jpg.html

·
Registered
4,154 Posts
Some of their designs are a bit out there....but they make a fine watch and its really one of those brands that are recognizable and have a sort of identity. If you like one and you can afford it, you shouldnt really think twice.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking at a Dual Time 42mm

·
Registered
5,162 Posts
That watch is the "Freak". It is quite expensive ( $60,000 - $100,000) and there was something very weird about it, like you cannot set the time on it after the watch is factory sealed?

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
Gary123 said:
That watch is the "Freak". It is quite expensive ( $60,000 - $100,000) and there was something very weird about it, like you cannot set the time on it after the watch is factory sealed?
Actually the watch is designed without a crown. The freak is wound by turning the caseback, and the time is adjusted by turning the bezel.

·
Registered
640 Posts
In my mind, guy with UN = Yacht-owner

·
Banned
21,244 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
In my mind a guy with a un = guy with good taste ;-):)
... & do you have a yacht?

btw... my mind is a screwed-up place... For example, Breitling owner = you are Seinfeild.

·
Registered
11,474 Posts
dkouzou said:
... & do you have a yacht?

btw... my mind is screwed up place... For example, Breitling owner = you are Seinfeild.
I am happily yachtless.....perhaps donut;-)

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thats histerically funny LOL

I own a UN and I cant stand ships, boats or anything on water, just the thought of it makes me toss my coockies.
Sport cars, now thats something I like (drool).

·
Registered
396 Posts
UN ROCKS!!!
My Marine Diver Maxi is just droolishes :)

Reactions: sx1
1 - 20 of 39 Posts