WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
looking at buying a watch for my gf and there are quite a few attractive pieces at even more attractive prices.

how is the general quality of this line?

and, if it matters, i am cross shopping it with a basic Tissot.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't just buy her a watch, take her shopping for one.

The one Bulova I had was well made, only sold because it was... well... ugly.
i've gotten this response multiple times but that isn't my style. i'd rather have her not like it and go from there then go shopping for one.

just my opinion.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have 3. Really like them all. I know many find them ugly but it's all a matter of opinion. There are watches I think are ugly but doesn't stop them from being popular with others.

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
yeah, there is something to be said for a surprise. I actually have been eyeing the bulova you linked for my lady as well. I am trying to see it in person because the "pearl dial" is question mark

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
The ladies' precisionists are nice. I got a Winterpark for the wife for her anniversary last year.

The main gripe on that was is a finicky butterfly clasp, but the bracelet is good quality and the watch looks like it's more $$$ than it is.

It sounds cliche to say now that they're a part of Citizen, but in terms of look and feel of the finishing, I'd compare them to a midrange Citizen or Seiko. They're typically done quite well with lots of surface detail.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ladies' precisionists are nice. I got a Winterpark for the wife for her anniversary last year.

The main gripe on that was is a finicky butterfly clasp, but the bracelet is good quality and the watch looks like it's more $$$ than it is.

It sounds cliche to say now that they're a part of Citizen, but in terms of look and feel of the finishing, I'd compare them to a midrange Citizen or Seiko. They're typically done quite well with lots of surface detail.
i was looking at the winterpark as well.

got any wrist shots?

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
I don't unfortunately.

It's pretty nice for the price, though.

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
The winter park is very nice and its also more accurate than just about any other womens watch. I went with the Adventurer however for the last watch I bought for her.

IMG_20150302_163424_063.jpg

·
Premium Member
11,738 Posts
Bulova makes a nice watch, VERY hard to beat value per dollar. The Precisionist line is a nice watch, no doubt.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
I have a Precisionist I'm selling right now, but only because it's not getting any wrist time. It's the best bracelet I've had and the heaviest watch I've owned, but I've just remained fascinated with mechanical chronos so it gets no wrist time.

·
Banned
70 Posts
Let's say that if you don't ask her, I would say that you take less riks by choosing Tissot. Bulova precisionist is rather well.....less beautiful than your Tissot on the opening post (I'm not talking about quality)

·
Registered
6,386 Posts
Just keep in mind most Bulova Precisionists will come with mineral crystals, whereas I haven't seen a modern Tissot without sapphire (admittedly, I've never shopped women's watches). That's a pretty big deal in my book. But I go for long term durability on my watches, so yeah...

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
Let's say that if you don't ask her, I would say that you take less riks by choosing Tissot. Bulova precisionist is rather well.....less beautiful than your Tissot on the opening post (I'm not talking about quality)

Have you looked at the entire line of womens Precisionists? They are far less ugly than the mens are. Most are very tasteful and sized right.

·
Registered
612 Posts
The Precisionist is an interesting, unique movement for not much coin. My Snorkel II gets here tomorrow - I say go for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10,881 Posts
There are absolutely non-gaudy Bulovas now, and the 2nd gen and Ladies' Precisionists tend strongly towards attractive... IMHO.

winterpark-crop.jpg

Here's a promised Winterpark pic. 36mm sizing, so squarely within the ladies sizing camp for 2015 without being huge or oversized. Note that the hands and pips lume very nicely, but the bezel is just for show.

It's also priced much, much lower than your average Tissot. I got it for $100 on sale, MSRP is about $130.

The crystal on the watch and bezel have held up just fine. It's not intended to be a beater watch and at the risk of being stereotypical, it's fine for the price and in a few years when fashions change it may be supplanted or replaced anyway. It's a great compromise being able to be a grab & go piece in her watch rotation. I don't think she'd tolerate an Automatic well.

Reactions: M1K3Z0R

·
Banned
2,835 Posts
There are absolutely non-gaudy Bulovas now, and the 2nd gen and Ladies' Precisionists tend strongly towards attractive... IMHO.

View attachment 3806306

Here's a promised Winterpark pic. 36mm sizing, so squarely within the ladies sizing camp for 2015 without being huge or oversized. Note that the hands and pips lume very nicely, but the bezel is just for show.

It's also priced much, much lower than your average Tissot. I got it for $100 on sale, MSRP is about $130.

The crystal on the watch and bezel have held up just fine. It's not intended to be a beater watch and at the risk of being stereotypical, it's fine for the price and in a few years when fashions change it may be supplanted or replaced anyway. It's a great compromise being able to be a grab & go piece in her watch rotation. I don't think she'd tolerate an Automatic well.
The lume on my wifes Adventurer is awesome....like Seiko awesome. The numbers look so cool when lit. Winterparks are just super nice as well.

Reactions: M1K3Z0R
1 - 20 of 40 Posts