WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my Stowa Flieger Sport excited to put it on after work... and noticed that there was a short list of directions in broken english to cut the band and move some springs...

Given it a go and the cut has gone through the area of where the spring is. Pretty sure I'm ....ed.

Anyhow - I've got to say, this is really really disappointing that you've got to go through this for a brand new watch worth this amount.

Something that really really needs to get a look into for improving.

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Well, the majority of those who adjusted their Stowa rubber strap did it successfully. I adjusted three or four without any issue since the first Seatime was launched a decade ago.

Here's the description of soemone reviewing a Seatime:
It took me me approximately half an hour to cut the strap down to size and that was me being extra cautious and mindful that this is not my watch. I would reiterate to anyone looking to do this to. Take Your Time. The watch isn't going anywhere and you'll regret hastily slicing away four segments of the strap when you only needed to remove three. The clasp has three micro-adjustments totalling about a centimeter for those wanting a finer adjustment or who want a little bit more room on Summer days. The distance between the tightest adjustment and the interior of the clasp was a little snug so my strap didn't quite fit flush but the clasp still closer securely. Perhaps I could have cut away more but I didn't want to take the risk (and I had lost the one paperclip in my house)....

The possibility is you did not take your time and you did something wrong. I mean 997 do it right and three do not ? Who's fault might it be ?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I recently had to cut my Providers strap, I did have to pay attention, you can't just slice and go. Also had to do the same thing for my Sinn U1. I do admit the Sinn rubber was easier to cut because it has ridges which help with a straight cut. While annoying to cut one notch at a time, I didn't want to over cut something you can't put back together.

·
Registered
808 Posts
I also cut my rubber strap too short but I can only blame myself for willing to cut it too fast.
I ordered a new one and took my time to cut it correctly.

·
Premium Member
39,706 Posts
This is common for rubber straps and I remember the instructions saying to be careful to leave at least 2mm(I think?) between the hole and where you cut it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
There's no great trick here. Take your time and try it on as you go. I've done two of them without a problem and it's a very comfortable strap. If I am not mistaken, this is a Bonetto Centurini strap and you can buy a replacement for around $35.

·
Registered
509 Posts
There's no great trick here. Take your time and try it on as you go. I've done two of them without a problem and it's a very comfortable strap. If I am not mistaken, this is a Bonetto Centurini strap and you can buy a replacement for around $35.
AFG08 is definitely right. Specifically, it's the Bonetto Centurini Model 300.L 24mm ( here - https://www.amazon.com/Bonetto-Cinturini-Black-Rubber-Model/dp/B00FIVJIJ0 )- only difference between the stock version and the Stowa version is the logo engraving. Though Stowa's pricing is identical I think, so may as well get the one with the Stowa engraving unless you'd rather just get 2-day prime shipping.

I only found out it was a Centurini strap after getting curious about the nice vanilla scent and doing some Google-fu.

The good news is if you work slowly and do it right, it is a pretty great rubber strap. I personally make Horween and Wickett & Craig leather straps, and leave my Stowa FKS on the rubber strap instead of one of my own because I like it so much.

·
Registered
509 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Oops my bad.
There is such a wave of rubbers with the Prodiver blue limited that I forgot other watches also have rubbers.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Testaf Flieger came with the rubber strap and I too was unaware you had to cut it to size it. I was freaked out as well. Lesson learned. Anything else from Stowa will come on leather in the future.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Forum

I just received my first ever Stowa watch today and ordered it with a rubber strap (fitted).

Unfortunately it has arrived without fitting instructions for the strap.

Please could someone advise how I cut it to fit.

From a Stowa owner desperate to wear his new watch!

·
Moderator at Large
54,121 Posts
Hello Forum
I just received my first ever Stowa watch today and ordered it with a rubber strap (fitted).
Unfortunately it has arrived without fitting instructions for the strap.
Please could someone advise how I cut it to fit.
From a Stowa owner desperate to wear his new watch!
Hi Frazer-J,

The Stowa-Team standard answer would be: "please mail your question to [email protected] and they will send you a description how to shorten your rubber strap."
YouTube offers a lot of tutorials if you do not want to send an email.

Edited: Deleted the thread on Public. No need for duplicate posts.

·
Registered
808 Posts
The only advice I can give you is, take your time to make it neat and don't cut it too much at a time.

I was so desperate to wear mine that I cut it too short and had to wait for a new one before wearing the watch...

·
Registered
56 Posts
I wish I had seen this thread before I received my Stowa today. Fortunately, I ordered a rubber strap as a complement to the basic leather option on the Flieger Klassik Sport, so I removed the rubber strap until I am less nervous about cutting it, and installed the tan leather strap. But definitely a nervous moment, when you realize that your new watch requires emergency surgery upon arrival.

·
Premium Member
39,706 Posts
I wish I had seen this thread before I received my Stowa today. Fortunately, I ordered a rubber strap as a complement to the basic leather option on the Flieger Klassik Sport, so I removed the rubber strap until I am less nervous about cutting it, and installed the tan leather strap. But definitely a nervous moment, when you realize that your new watch requires emergency surgery upon arrival.
That's just how this style of rubber straps are.
Nothing to worry about. Just don't cut off too much - you can always go back and cut more, but you can't save it if you've cut too much!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just cut one section, try it on and repeat until you have it sized to your wrist. Alternate sides making sure the clasp is centered to your wrist. That’s all there’s really to it and it just takes a few minutes.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts