WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
Undervalued in terms of (pre owned) market price? I’d say the 000/005 and 176/177 as they’re still a proper Panerai through and through (with 300m wr,screw caseback and screwbar) but now can be had for good price (176/177 can go for lower price than 111/112)

176-177 are the only titanium 44mm plain bezel luminor with black dial (the others have tobacco dial)

For something complicated I’d go for 233 as they’re packed with features and long PR movt

For something high tech,probably I’d pick the model with composite or ceramic case

·
Registered
20,522 Posts
The zero for me.

Often overlooked but as Syn says it is the real deal when it comes to the DNA of the brand.

·
Registered
27 Posts
323 seems to have really good value. No idea why that is - It's a beast of a watch. Not sure I have ever seen a 10 day counter go for so low...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love all 47mm Vintage Style PAMs...
the thing about PAMs is... they don't sit high though it's wide, makes it comfortable to wear.

Compare that w the Rolex Deepsea, it's v off-balanced for their first version with the older movement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
IMO, the best looking panerai is the simplest of them all - the PAM00, but the next best would be PAM 112
PAM000 and PAM112 are the 98% China Replicas Perfection.
It is one core reason why Panerai lost it's brand equity by taking the easy way out, merely using ETA with PAM stamping...

Vintage PAM were at 47mm only... so the 44mm PAMs are at most fantasy dials at a fantasy sizing, nothing wrong in that.
But I don't see how it's undervalued with no historic accuracy.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have to disagree with the 233. It is possibly the most valued 1950 case Panerai: linear PR, GMT dome saphire, 1st in-house, sandwich.

But everyone loves it and it has sold well. Not the definition of undervalued.

I also love mine. A dot no less.

·
Registered
9,517 Posts
233 is undervalued as you can pick up the pre owned dot version for as low as 6.75k,it’s not a bad watch but there are many pre owned pieces in the market thus driving the price down

1 - 18 of 18 Posts