WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have never taken apart a 8900 before but have one that im prepping for incoming resin which needed a very good clean so i took off the bezel ring and noticed theres a little spring in the 4 oclock position. anyone know if its for something important or is it just an earth? :think:

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys |>

now that mike mentioned i have seen the same spring on an old mtg and a few others. id have to say its looks like its only for earthing only tho, its a spring shape to compensate for any bending or flexing of the metal.

i did actually do the trampoline thing like you mentioned kmb but that was only after i removed all the adhesive. that adhesive is one of a few things that make me think the spring is not a shock absorber. it sticks a rubber gasket to the case and the gasket to the metal ring and sticks it down damn good. then you have the resin bezel on top of that so nothing there is going to move at all. for a spring to cushion impact it needs some kind of travel which doesnt happen when the ring sits flush with the case. if anything the gasket would probably be a shock absorber as well, just like the rubber inside the case.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Design engineer 3: Just make sure we don't identify the spring -- or that little contact piece -- in the parts lists! That way, people won't know exactly WHICH spring they need, and they might end up ordering one of ALL the springs from a given watch!

Finance director: Even more profit!!

...which is exactly what happened to ME! Luckily (?) the MTG-900 only has three springs in Pacparts' parts list and the MTG-M900 only has one spring, so I took a guess and wasted $2 on a tiny spring that appears to be too short to do anything in this location -- it's probably one of the three that fits inside the case. On my next order I spent another $2 on a slightly longer tiny spring that's PROBABLY touching the back of the bezel. :roll:
DE #4: ...you guys, we're out of saki, whos turn is it to buy... HEY! where you going ibe?!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.