WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
i can just see it.

design engineer 1: I'm putting a tiny spring here.

design engineer 2: ok, what is it for?

DS 1: nothing, its just to mess with those geeks who keep taking our watches apart.

DS 2: thats just evil.

DS 1: I know, i love my job~

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
i can just see it.

DS 1: nothing, its just to mess with those geeks who keep taking our watches apart.

Meanwhile, Ibe: Good going guys. Those folks love to rip apart their Gs? Let them whack their brains now!

·
Registered
4,959 Posts
The spring is part of the sophisticated Harmonic Motion dampening system. It reduces the amount of jerk exerted from you wrist to your watch. That type of force is actually more frequently encountered by the watch, than an occasional shock from falling to the ground or bumping onto an object.

;-)

·
Registered
12,577 Posts
i can just see it.

Meanwhile, Ibe: Good going guys. Those folks love to rip apart their Gs? Let them whack their brains now!
supply manager: how much should we charge for this do-hickey?

finance director: i have an idea, only put it in some watches and charge $15-20. they will think they lost it and HAVE to replace it!

Ibe: Brilliant!

(source: Wiki-Leaks)

·
Registered
5,784 Posts
supply manager: how much should we charge for this do-hickey?

finance director: i have an idea, only put it in some watches and charge $15-20. they will think they lost it and HAVE to replace it!

Ibe: Brilliant!
Design engineer 3: Just make sure we don't identify the spring -- or that little contact piece -- in the parts lists! That way, people won't know exactly WHICH spring they need, and they might end up ordering one of ALL the springs from a given watch!

Finance director: Even more profit!!

...which is exactly what happened to ME! Luckily (?) the MTG-900 only has three springs in Pacparts' parts list and the MTG-M900 only has one spring, so I took a guess and wasted $2 on a tiny spring that appears to be too short to do anything in this location -- it's probably one of the three that fits inside the case. On my next order I spent another $2 on a slightly longer tiny spring that's PROBABLY touching the back of the bezel. :roll:

·
Registered
9,402 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Design engineer 3: Just make sure we don't identify the spring -- or that little contact piece -- in the parts lists! That way, people won't know exactly WHICH spring they need, and they might end up ordering one of ALL the springs from a given watch!

Finance director: Even more profit!!

...which is exactly what happened to ME! Luckily (?) the MTG-900 only has three springs in Pacparts' parts list and the MTG-M900 only has one spring, so I took a guess and wasted $2 on a tiny spring that appears to be too short to do anything in this location -- it's probably one of the three that fits inside the case. On my next order I spent another $2 on a slightly longer tiny spring that's PROBABLY touching the back of the bezel. :roll:
DE #4: ...you guys, we're out of saki, whos turn is it to buy... HEY! where you going ibe?!

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.