WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Older thread but I was pondering this just today. I’ve got a couple of dressier watches including a grand Seiko snowflake and most have lume except the GS and my JLC Reverso. But I was in the movie theatre the other night and wearing my Speedmaster and looked down about an hour into the film and noticed I couldn’t see the time. I’ve got a couple of Seiko Divers that have great like bit honestly if I’m concerned about seeing it at night such as when camping etc I’m wearing my g shock. My nicer watches are staying home.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
Honestly, it depends on the person and whether they really need a lume.

Ive been collecting watches for a bit over 6 years now, I never was in a situation that I needed a lume.

·
Registered
778 Posts
I’m a lume fanatic, always have been. Been in plenty of black out situations and really appreciate being able to see a trace of lume in the middle of the night. Personally at this stage I wouldn’t buy a watch without lume. It doesn’t have to be overkill, a thin strip on the hands is plenty.

In saying that, it doesn’t stop me appreciating the beauty of the GS line, they really are gorgeous watches and no doubt, as my tastes change and lifestyle choices differ, I may purchase a non-lume watch one day.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts